Pregnancy & HKID question
- 06-09-2009, 10:40 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
- Tung Chung
Just a quick update. We went to Immigration Tower today for the interview. We made sure we took all required documentation plus we also took along pictures of us together since we met in 2004. On top of that we also had our old passports (showing working visas) and proof of address when we lived in New York. The immigration officer was so very helpful, and seeing that my wife is heavily pregnant granted her the visa!! We collect it next week. She also told us to apply for her HKID the same day. So, for all my worrying everything turned out well.
Thanks to all for your help and advice.
- 06-10-2009, 08:56 AM #10Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2005
HK Immigration is much more pragmatic than Australia/UK/USA. If you're married, then you're married. No faffing about!!
Great to hear everything went so well. Good luck for the impending arrival!
- By lylee in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 3Last Post: 06-19-2009, 11:01 PM
- By MaiYe in forum EducationReplies: 22Last Post: 01-10-2009, 05:28 PM
- By kharel in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 24Last Post: 05-30-2008, 07:10 PM
- By wasabi in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 03-03-2005, 09:28 AM
- By bunda in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 3Last Post: 09-03-2003, 04:53 PM