Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pregnancy & HKID question

Dannyk is offline Registered User

Pregnancy & HKID question

Hi all,

My soon to be wife is due to have our baby mid July however she is only here on a tourist visa. I have a HKID as I work here and have heard that after we marry she can go and register at a public hospital using my HKID. Obviously we plan to add her to my visa as a dependent but with time running out to register does anyone know if we can use my ID?

Thanks in advance

Danny

carang is offline Registered User
    ummmm... if you want to pay $39000 then register now. if you are not yet married and will not be married in the next few weeks. you will not be eligible for the cheap medical care.

if however, you can marry in the next 2 weeks (you can book the appointment tomorrow and then get married in 2 weeks time.) then it will take about 4 weeks to process a dependent visa. she could use private care until her visa is approved. THEN register at the public hospital. remember, a public hospital will not turn you away. however, if she doesn't have the required paperwork (HKID) then she will be charged accordingly.

you cannot use your ID... you are not the patient. she is. she needs to use her ID.

Thanks for the quick reply Carang. We are actually getting married on May 25 so should be ok, based on the info you gave.

carang is offline Registered User
    in that case, when you apply for her dependent visa, i would stress the importance of getting the visa ASAP. make sure you include EVERYTHING they require and more to make it as simple as possible. if you forget ANYTHING, it will add weeks to your application and you will be S-O-L.

Thanks for the advice Carang

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    If money isn`t an issue, I would pay an agent to do it all for you. My husband`s company did that for us and are doing it now for our baby`s visa - it isn`t cheap but it gets the job done and you don`t have to worry about it - just give the agent whatever they ask for. Actually, since you`re company sponsored you presumably, wouldn`t they be able to do this for her since she will be your wife? Just a thought.

jaz1311 is offline Registered User
    hi

I have just sent you a PM.

megan2008 is offline Registered User
    I was in the exact same situation last year and everything worked out fine. Try not to stress too much and please PM if you have any questions regarding paperwork and the process.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast