Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Half day or Full day school for a 3 years old?

Gabriel ma is offline Registered User
    My son needs to take nap for 2-3 hours in the afternoon (now in Pre-nursery). I am thinking sending him to full day school in K2 or K3.

jane01 is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    At my daughter's school they start full days (9-2.30) in Reception, or 4 y.o. kindy. I didn't see the point, but she was totally ready and learned a lot.

If you are going back to work, you'll need a helper that you can trust with the children. Firstly, you are realistically going to be working more than school hours and probably won't get all the school holidays off. Your child might also want to do outside school activities like sport or music and you'll need your helper to take him/her.

Also, children get sick. My daughter has been off for about 1.5 weeks out of the past 4 weeks school. Unusual, but it happens. My husband and I have taken time off for doctors appointments and when she was really sick. But there was probably nearly a week when she just needed to rest and recover at home and she was with our helper.

Hunter is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Boy I love So many nice mommies here who are willing to help and share.

well, I guess I will stick to the half day plan so that he will have time for other non-academic activities, and playdates too during the week and weekends to be reserved for daddy and mommy.

For me, it is quite hard to trust a DH after all the bad experiences with my in-laws' Indonesian DHs. Well, anyway, will try my luck, but I guess I will hire a Philippina DH instead.

thank you for the inputs.

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    when it comes to hiring a helper...

nationality doesn't matter... personality does

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12