Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Glenn Doman's Flash Card method

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by RSK View Post
    Where can we buy GD flashcards?

Only at Kinder U and another one that sells books, though the price is SO expensive, i wouldn't buy from here.

lylee is offline Registered User

crystal88, may i know how much the GD cards approx? tks

MaiYe is offline Banned

TKO flash card babies gathering

are you ladies keen to meet up? pls advice your preferred dates. am running my own biz and time is pretty flexible:)
    we could meet up at pacific coffee @ PoLam MetroCity or 1 of our apts.

merryma is offline Registered User

Hi Crystal88, in fact even an one year old, I wonder if he knows what I am doing...haha
    I am doing the English with 10 cards playing through the TV (with PPS file from my laptop), and I am thinking slowly adding to 15 or more depending on his reaction. I only do twice a day cause I am also just started to do the Chinese words with him (with 1 to 2 Chinese words printed on 5"X8" cards, and without pictures).

Looks like I can check out KinderU to see if I may also enroll him there and learn how they do it too.
    For my next one, I got to do it earlier, while he/she still managable...

Hi MaiYe, would love to meet, but going to PoLam is a problem to me. If you moms come by to HK Island, please let me know, would definitely love to meet... we can exchange number through PM.
    I am not working now, unless to come out with baby otherwise my schedule is flexible.

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User

MaiYe,
    Will love to meet, you want to come to my clubhouse playroom in Park Central? Any mornings will be great unless I need to go to office, let me know,
    Cheers

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User

When my girls were 14 months old or so, I made a bunch of flashcards to show to them - bought the card, wrote out in red etc. The hard part for me was to show two babies 5 times a day... Or to try and seperate them.. hahaha that was hard cause they would like to see what the other was doing!

It was me that gave up as I also wanted it to be something I did with them (not the caregiver) i think i tried over 3 weeks - sometimes once a day and up to sometimes 5 times a day.

I also wondered why I wanted them to learn to read so early hahahaha. Now at 2.5 age they are happy (and have always been really) to sit on my lap and read stories and talk about the pictures.

I decided it was more important for them to see US reading and enjoying books than to force them to read at a young age....

I'm sure its much easier with one baby at a time!

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User

agree with somebodyfamous. i don't really see the point of having a 11mth old tell the difference between 98 and 99 red dots. it's more important to have them learn to appreciate books and i just love sitting down with my son and reading, for the zillionth time, the same old bedtime story i've been reading to him since he was 2mths old.

merryma is offline Registered User

Hi moms,
    after days of trying the GD method with my boy, I sometimes feel so discouraged as my boy just doesn't show much interest. I put him on my laps and read the words that flash on the screen, he sometimes looks up and down the floor or when he heard some words like "baby", "mummy", or "clock" which is something he likes most, he turns to smile or giggle to me, but most of time he just doesn't want to look at the words.

After a few "modifications" with the program, I am now showing him only 15 words a day (just the words without pictures and the words be those he has heard we say and I think he knows what they mean), I have planned to do 3 times a day, but sometime manage to do only once or twice a day as he's just too cranky.

I also wonder sometime why on earth do I want him to be able to recognize words so early, does it really help so much to ease him throughout his school life later? What about he later lost interest in learning the structure of the words such as the phonics since he thinks he had already known the words?

Or am I just another competitive urban parents want him to be ahead of others...?

Anyway, I am still working on it but not pushing it too hard. I am thinking if he does learn something even just 10% of it, I consider that a bonus. Otherwise it's still a good mom and boy time spending together treasure.

Wish all moms into this the best!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123