Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby car seat (from newborn to 4-year-old)

Workingmom1975 is offline Registered User

Baby car seat (from newborn to 4-year-old)

Hi all,

I'm looking for a car seat which can be used since the baby is born until 4 years old. Apparently both Aprica and Combi offer this type of car seat, and I've heard good things about it from friends. Wonder what's your personal experience?

Thanks!

dtb
    dtb is offline Registered User
    Since newborn needs more support than older toddler, I personally still prefer buying car seat by stage. Furthermore, I am driving my son around almost daily and I need something that is easy on loading and off loading, thus I am using Maxi Cosi's CarbrioFix ISOFIX system where I can detach the car seat off from the base and put it onto the Quinney stroller. I am about to switch to stage 2 car seat in the near future.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    gosh, i cannot even imagine a carseat that would serve both as newborns need to be facing inwards and not outwards like when they become toddlers. like dTB, we used the maxi cosi infant carseat until my son was 12-13 months and he started sitting in an out facing one, at 14 months.

Thank you very much for the inputs. I'm thinking about getting Maxi Cosi's CarbrioFix + ISOFIX base + Quinny Zapp so that I can use the set when driving my own car or taking a taxi. Do you think it'll work well? Also, I assume that you can use the same ISOFIX base with Maxi Cosi's PrioriFix when the baby is older than 12 months?

evesaikung is offline Registered User
    for the maxi cosi's priorifix, you don't need to use a separate isofix base as the seat and the base is fixed and attached together.

Thanks. As my husband and I will drive the baby around only on the weekends, does it still make sense to get the ISOFIX base? How safe is it to just use the regular seatbelt?

evesaikung is offline Registered User
    if you use the regular seatbelt to fix the carseat properly, it is also safe of course. just if you have a base fixed already in the car, then it is much easier to take in and out the carseat from the car everytime by clicking it in. you can only use the isofix base if you car has the isofix in the seat. otherwise, you can buy that with normal base.

alicemathur is offline Registered User
    I know we should be strapping in children , always regardless, but is it a legal requirement like back in uk, if so what about in taxi and public transport. I know in canada the law is very very strict on this

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast