Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: H1N1- are you still travelling with your children?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 80.77%
  • No

5 19.23%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

H1N1 affecting summer travel plans??

mambo is offline Registered User

anyone else travelling WITH kids. I spoke to a friend of mine who is taking her 2 kids 5, 3 back to canada with no worries.

But then the news of the 1.5 yr old with H1N1 on a Cathay flight from New York got me doubting again.

strawberry415 is offline Registered User

I'm cancelling my June trip to Canada even though I'm very upset about it cause it's my sister's wedding and I won't be attending. I'm 4.5 months pregnant, and the parents on both sides think it's better for me to stay put! :( Good thing is my husband will still go an represent us, but will quarantine himself when he comes back.

spockey is offline Registered User

Great Idea Strawberry415.
    I'm off to London/Scotland for a work trip. I'll be looking into organising a quarrantine for myself too.

freddiebiscuit is offline Registered User

My 15 month old daughter and I will head to Canada on June 1. I am also 15 weeks pregnant. I have some concerns, but not enough to prevent us from travelling. We're aware of the symptoms and know that we need to get to a hospital if we have any of the symptoms.

lylee is offline Registered User

i'll be traveling back to canada with my 8 month old in july. though i'm slightly worried with the h1n1 situation, we'll probably travel as planned. my family & friends back home feels that the situation is overblown in hong kong... apparently not a lot of people are wearing masks nor is it being widely reported there.

babymommy2 is offline Registered User

we are still traveling to hong kong (from canada), I'm not to worried as it looks as though this virus is no worse than a typical influenza virus. I don't stop travelling during flu season in general, so if this one is no worse, have no reason to stop now either. All the comment on it as completely died down here now, you don't really hear of it anymore, not in the media being blown out of proportion either.

AussieMum is offline Registered User

Although not a long flight, we have just travelled to Sanya and back last weekend, which was just over an hour flight, with my 16m month old daughter and I am 31 weeks pregnant. We figured that it is no different being stuck on a plane full of people than my husband going to work with a rooms full of people everyday, not knowing where they have been or who they have interacted with. Many on the flight did wear masks, and once the plane landed China's health authority boarded and temperature checked every individual, which meant we were stuck on the flight for an extra hour. But, it was reassuring to know that China (and HK for that matter) take it seriously. In the end, they did locate one person who had abnormal temperature and quarantined the 3 rows behind and after that individual. Thankfully we were in the first row so were able to leave after this, and were told we would be contacted if the relevant person was infected (which we weren't). Was a little scary initially, but we still believed it was no different from every day interaction with people in HK. You come into contact with so many people in our day to day lives (work, school, playgroups etc) and you don't know who they have been in contact with. We also figure, the swine flu could continue to be a threat for months to come, we don't want to be house bound or HK bound for that length of time.

Neha is offline Banned

no cancellations we just finished our baltic cruise and in Copenhagen now and off to London tomorrow. Nothing to fear. No one shudders here when u cough or sneeze. At the cruise they had hand santisers everywhere . we are traveling with 2.6 year old boy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast