Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

not saying "mama dada"...almost 9 mon

dtb
    dtb is offline Registered User

According to my mom, I did not speak until 1.5 years old. And now, my mom says I speak too much.........

southside852 is offline Registered User

dont worry about it! your little one will speak when ready. everyone progresses differently.

hkaussie is offline Registered User

At this stage that is REALLY nothing to worry about. My goodness. My son had a lot more words before he even said Mummy or Daddy. I think that was about the 10th words he said, and not till maybe 13-15 months, like Frenchy.

Regarding the other people's babies, have you seen them saying those words? Sometimes people say that a baby can talk, when they are really just babbling anything because they like the sound. They might say 'mama' in general but not particularly as a word attached to the mother.

sherwes is offline Registered User

I agree with the above poster. Many mothers think (hope!) that their babies are saying actual words when the baby is just babbling. My baby has been making the sound "mama" for a long, long time but only this week, at 18 months, has he finally used "mama" to refer to me. He has been saying other words such as "shoes" and "cheese" etc for ages. Apparently, I am not as important as his shoes or his cheese addiction!!

lesliefu is offline Registered User

I didn't realize that babies could start talking by 9months....my daughter only yells on the top of her lungs once in a while...but this is talking! ai ya!

thinking about it...she's not crawling either which she should be doing too...right?!? my gosh, do you think i should get her a walker so she will be more inclined to "walk" around?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12