Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Storage and handling of Bmilk?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    For Item #2, I also wondered a lot about this and got conflicting advice on different websites. but the main idea seems to be that it`s ok to mix from the same day, but not from different days. So you can pump a bit here and there during one day and then that is one portion. But if there is leftover milk, you have to throw it out.
    Just start each day fresh, with milk and sterilizing.
    oh, and when I was in the hospital I learned that you have to use the sterilised equipment within 24 hrs, or you have to sterilize it again.
    Hope that helps some.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by tstmum View Post
    I used an Avent Isis pump, pumped directly into an Avent bottle, stored that in the fridge and used the same bottle to feed EBM to baby. So no need to transfer milk between bottles or storage containers. If I pumped milk more than once in a day, I did sometimes pump again directly into the same bottle.
    tstmum,

did you just use the cups 5 times as written in the instruction?

Hi TST mum,

Just read your reply that you said avent bottle, so it is not the cap with blue cover? if i buy a bottle, it can fit into the isis pump? thanks.

Koan is offline Registered User
    Re #2, it's fine, even milk pumped on different days so long as you use it by the earliest expiry date, ie. that of the milk pumped first.

Check out kellymom.com :: Links: Breastmilk Storage & Handling

Pekkie is offline Registered User
    Just to share that I read it's best to use BPA-free bottles when thawing/reheating milk in feeding bottles.

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/f...afactsheet.pdf

I think the Avent cups with blue lids (VIA storage) is BPA-free while the normal Avent bottles (transparent type) is not BPA-free.

Quote Originally Posted by Pekkie View Post
    Just to share that I read it's best to use BPA-free bottles when thawing/reheating milk in feeding bottles.

http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/f...afactsheet.pdf

I think the Avent cups with blue lids (VIA storage) is BPA-free while the normal Avent bottles (transparent type) is not BPA-free.

Thanks for the link. The cups with blue lids can be use for 4 times only,
    so it's not economical, i plan to buy the avent bottles, i didn't know they don't have BPA safe one.

tstmum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by crystal88 View Post
    Hi TST mum,

Just read your reply that you said avent bottle, so it is not the cap with blue cover? if i buy a bottle, it can fit into the isis pump? thanks.
    Yes, I just used a regular Avent bottle which fitted onto the Isis pump and used the same bottle to feed the EBM. I actually don't know what you mean by the cup with the blue cover? My pump came with a couple of Avent bottles and teats, I don't recall any other cups.

Quote Originally Posted by tstmum View Post
    Yes, I just used a regular Avent bottle which fitted onto the Isis pump and used the same bottle to feed the EBM. I actually don't know what you mean by the cup with the blue cover? My pump came with a couple of Avent bottles and teats, I don't recall any other cups.
    There are 5 cups with blue cover inside the box, it's where you store the ebm. Maybe it's a different model. Mine doesn't come with bottle so i didn't know i can connect it to the pump. I'm going out now to buy the avent bottle. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast