Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maclaren Strollers - Triumph vs. Volo

southside852 is offline Registered User

Maclaren Strollers - Triumph vs. Volo

I am thinking about the above umbrella strollers by Maclaren:
    1. Triumph
    2. Volo

It would be our 2nd stroller as our son is now 17 months old and he sometimes still naps and I know the Triumph might be better for that.

I would love to hear any feedback from people who use either one - pros, cons etc...

Thanks!

aussie mum is offline Registered User

ok i can't comment on the choosing between those two as i have to say SKIP maclaren and go for the graco edt or citilite! i have a maclaren (and a P&T and a bugaboo) but recently bought a graco. they are awesome. perfect for HK!! super light, easy to fold one-handed, recline to flat, handle to sling over shoulder when you need to collapse it for that annoying flight of stairs. just brilliant really! and cheap!

Lucylou is offline Registered User

Have you thought about the Maclaren Quest?* This is the one we have and it's great - I can fold the whole thing with one hand and it can recline when my daughter is sleeping.* Just another one to throw in to your decision!

mscheerful is offline Registered User

I will go for VOLO - it is super light and at 17th Months, I am pretty sure that most toddlers sleep/nap well in stroller that is not fully or half way recline. We recently had a trip our of HK and thank God for light weight, umbrella style stroller, it was so much easy to move around and light to carry and bub naps for 2.5 hours in sitting position. he is 23 months. When he was 13 months, we also use this light weight stroller, he nap/slept for 3 hours when we are out, i had good coffee, tea or full meal without problem. at 17 months, i will surely go for volo.

thank you for all of your feedback! we've got some thinking to do now!

loveask is offline Registered User

i have a triumph and i wish i had gotten a quest because it reclines more. my LO is 2.5 yrs and still naps and triumph doesn't seem as comfortable as the quest.

mumsy is offline Registered User

We chose the Volo mainly due to the lightness and have no problems getting around on public transport. My 3yr 9mth old still naps in it and because it's less padded, I find it really suits the HK weather and LO doesn't get hot and sweaty.

The non-reclining seat doesn't seem to bother my LO but on a handful of occasions, I have found his head drooping forward so a reclining seat would definitely be more comfortable.

Another point and I don't know if this is the same with all Maclaren strollers is the seat height. My LO (who is small for his age) is around 95cm and his head almost reaches the top of the seat, so if your family are genetically tall then you might need to take this into consideration depending on how long you planned on using the stroller.

But all in all, we're happy with the Volo and it's great to take on small trips abroad.

we already have the Maclaren Techno and this 2nd stroller will just be at my parent's house for whenever we come and visit which might be 2-3 times a year.....it's so great to hear reviews from mums who have actually used them and can give real feedback! thanks everyone!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast