Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Delivery room and Swine flu

miriam228 is offline Registered User

My Dr told me last week that he recently delivered a baby in St Theresa hospital (where I will be in 2 wks), and the husband was NOT allowed in, due to the Swine flu.......However, Baptist Hospital still allows husbands into the delivery room..........

pony is offline Registered User

I'm due Feb 10', asked my doctor at Queen Mary (the private option) and was told that under normal situation, daddy can be in the delivery room. Unless if it is a special case where it's best not to have him there (some kind of emergency I guess). Swine flu was not mentioned.

Momma is offline Registered User

So I just wanted to update everyone on my birth experience. I recently gave birth to my baby at Queen Elizabeth hospital. Having predicted and been prepared for arguments to get the father into the delivery room with me, I'm pleased to say that we had no problems at all. He was required to wear a mask but was welcomed by the delivery room staff as soon as he'd put the gowns on, which was a huge relief. I hope everyone due to deliver soon will also have the fathers present without any problems.

mama-to-be is offline Registered User

I gave birth at Queen Mary last week (13 July) and father was allowed in the labour room - no questions asked. He didn't even have to wear a mask or gloves as I've heard other mothers claim in the past. He just wore a gown and a cap for his head (?!). Don't really know the logic of that but anyway all went well.

I wish all expectant mothers a smooth delivery

bubi is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Momma View Post
    So I just wanted to update everyone on my birth experience. I recently gave birth to my baby at Queen Elizabeth hospital. Having predicted and been prepared for arguments to get the father into the delivery room with me, I'm pleased to say that we had no problems at all. He was required to wear a mask but was welcomed by the delivery room staff as soon as he'd put the gowns on, which was a huge relief. I hope everyone due to deliver soon will also have the fathers present without any problems.
    This is really nice to know. I am delivering there on Nov and its my first baby. Thanks for this. x

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345