Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Teething

megan2008 is offline Registered User

Baby Teething

My baby already has her bottom two teeth and now she is getting at least her top two maybe four? Her symptoms were not nearly as bad before. She has been having trouble staying asleep for a week and a half and now has a fever of 102.5F/39C and is very irritable. Also, she is refusing most solids (she is eating these puffs; finger food similiar to cheerios). My question is: should I take her to the doctor to make sure she isnt' sick? I've been giving her paracetamol which has been helping the fever but am not sure how long I should continue. Also, how long does it take for the top teeth to come in? I can see that they are there but can't feel them poking through yet. Any advice would been very helpful. Thanks
    Last edited by megan2008; 05-25-2009 at 08:09 AM.

Matty is offline Registered User
    With a fever that continues, it's best to go to the Dr.
    Could be an ear infection. Very similar symptoms.

sandy0741 is offline Registered User
    For my son, to prevent him to be irritated from teething problems, I gave him gripe water( available at Watson, and Mannings). He hasn't got any problems with teething, though he likes to chew a lot of things during that stage.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I don't see anything wrong with going to see a doctor to make sure about her symptoms, especially when a fever is involved. You can never be too safe.

reei is offline Registered User
    i'd bring her to see a pediatrician immediately when she has fever. fever and teething are not related.

Thanks for all the advice. I did take her to the pediatrician and it turns out she has some sort of virus in addition to teething. The virus is causing ulcers in her throat and gums, fever and even more drooling. She also said she has seen more cases of this recently. I guess I was worried because every other time I go to the doctors when I think something is wrong they say everything is fine and send me and my daughter home. I am glad I went though, I can tell she is in a lot of pain :(

yuukalim0404 is offline Registered User
    oh dear, poor girl, just wanted to share, my girl is coming 9mths and still no teeth!

I wouldn't be too worried. I've heard and seen children who didn't get their teeth until they were 15months. Really, consider yourself lucky as it hasn't been easy for me (although I have heard that some children don't act any differently when teething). Oh, and her front two teeth have finally broken through