Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Business trip will bring breastfeeding to an end?

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    Hi Buckeroo, thanks for the suggestion. Will have to figure out how to pump during the working days on the business trip. I will be with my boss (70 y.o. man!) much of the time.

Hi FutureHKmom, have been trying to avoid formula all this time, but I guess there is good justification this time.

carang is offline Registered User
    anyway you can take baby and helper (to care for the baby when you are working or in the evening when you need to recover from jetlag) with you? then you could still bf in the morning and at night, and pump during the day?

for a baby, you wouldn't need a seat. i'm assuming that you'll be flying business class if it is a business trip. you could buy an economy class ticket for your helper and share duty while on the plane. tickets to the USA are relatively cheap and infant fare is only 10% of original price...

that might be a possibility. it is what i would try to do....i couldn't bear to be away from my baby when they are so little.

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    lisa88 - I wouldn't feel bad about giving your baby one or two meals of formula. I too was in the beginning very against giving any formula at all, but because by the time my baby was 6 weeks old, my husband and I was so tired at nights my husband and I started giving our baby a bottle of formula at his last feed at night. He's been doing very well with the formula and starting at 6 weeks, he sleeps 6-8 hours a night. So really I was worried about the formula for nothing. Plus, as you said now, you have a good reason to start formula, so no need to feel bad. The majority of your feeds, as mine are too, will still be breast milk!

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    hi buckeroo,

i'm interested too where to get the seaweed here in hk. pls post if you find it out, thanks.

kinghk is offline Registered User
    KOREAN SEAWEEDS

I bought it at Taste, korean section.

crystal88 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by kinghk View Post
    KOREAN SEAWEEDS

I bought it at Taste, korean section.
    When and which branch of taste? thanks.

lisa88 is offline Registered User
    Hi Carang, thanks for the suggestion but I am not too keen to take baby on a plane these days. Seems like the prime place to pick up the swine flu is on board a plane! In other times, I might consider but it is still a long trip to New York.

carang is offline Registered User
    if that's the case, then continue to pump while you are gone. dump the milk. have your helper use the stored breastmilk on ration (maybe one feed per day) to make it last longer and then use formula for the rest.

it wont' kill your baby to have formula and the baby is still getting some breastmilk every day (hopefully). you will be pumping, so your supply shouldn't dwindle too much. when you return, breast feed as much as you possibly can to get supply back up and running.

good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast