Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Oscar result and CVS test

yan88 is offline Registered User

Oscar result and CVS test

Hi everyone,

I have just got my Oscar result and risk is in the high level, it was 1:153. I am 41 years old and this is my 2nd, my 1st one now is 16 months old.

My doctor suggest me to do CVS test but i am worried about the risk of losing the baby....

If any one out there at about same age, could you please let me know about your result if you have done one? i would like to compare if this ratio at this age is really a high risk.

appreciate you help.

yan

megan2008 is offline Registered User
    I was 28 when I got pregnant with my baby and my ratio for the quad screen was 1:240 (should have been 1:900) but the risk guidlines used in the US was 1:150 so it was considered OK. Hope that helps. Did they tell you what your risks were if you had the CVS?

ruby120896 is offline Registered User
    I am 33 years old. And 11 weeks pergnent. I would like to know which test is more safe cvs or amino and what is the difference..I would like to know the health of baby and also I am curious to know whether baby is boy or girl..From where I should do these tests...

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    ruby you should rather speak to your OB about doing a nuchal fold transclucency test and maternal blood serum first - it is non-invasive and can help make the decision whether to take the risk of a more invasive test.

mumsy is offline Registered User
    Does anyone know if the nuchal scan can be done on a standard ultrasound machine? Also is there any fasting before they take the blood tests?

At my last appointment, the doctor explained all the tests for age 35+ women and told me to think about whether I wanted to do them.

My next OB appointment is this weekend and I'll be around 13weeks 4 days so wondering if I've left it too late and does the clinic require advance notice to perform an OSCAR.

starbucks2 is offline Registered User
    From memory, no fasting before the nuchal test. From my reading - the test is done from 11 weeks to 13 and 6 days weeks so you should just squeak in - see more at Nuchal translucency (NT) test. My doctor required a double appointment to do the test as it can take some time to get a clear picture on the ultrasound to measure the back of the neck. You should ring your doctor. I had thought that the nuchal fold test (which is non-invasive) was a standard test on all pregnant woman and then your doctor would recommend if any other tests (amnio etc) were required depending on your nuchal test result.

Good luck.

SB2

ruby1208 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mumto2 View Post
    ruby you should rather speak to your OB about doing a nuchal fold transclucency test and maternal blood serum first - it is non-invasive and can help make the decision whether to take the risk of a more invasive test.
    Thank yu so much Mumto2

mumsy is offline Registered User
    Thanks starbucks2 for that info. I double checked with the clinic and I can still get it done in time.