- 05-28-2009, 09:11 PM #1Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2009
The secret of essential oils' effectiveness lies in the speed at which they are absorbed through our skin. They can reach the blood stream in 20 minutes to half an hour maximum.
Not all essential oils are known for preventing dry skin. The key to avoiding dry skin lies in choosing the proper essential oils and the proper application method. The most common essential oils that are known to contain properties that help lubricate and hydrate the skin are lavender, geranium, rose, chamomile, sandalwood, ylang-ylang, hyssop, jasmine, carrot seed, clary sage, orange, tea tree oil, and patchouli.
- 05-29-2009, 08:53 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Apr 2008
- DB, Hong Kong
not really sure what this post is about but since its here, it might be good to remember that there are many essential oils that actually have an adverse effect on pregnancy, they should be used with caution during this time.
- By mailmail in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 10Last Post: 11-17-2014, 08:58 PM
- By Jjald in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 02-02-2009, 05:33 PM
- By Jjald in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 01-30-2009, 04:10 PM
- By AG2007 in forum Baby's HealthReplies: 1Last Post: 10-07-2007, 07:39 PM
- By elane in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 0Last Post: 10-06-2007, 04:13 PM