Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Clam Shell Sandpit

sherwes is offline Registered User

Clam Shell Sandpit

Hi, does anyone know where in HK I can buy a clam shell sandpit? It's a big plastic clam shell where one side is used as a little pool and the other side as a sandpit. Australian's will know what I mean as every second parent in Oz seems to have one.
    If you can't buy these in HK I would appreciate any other ideas for play equipment I could set up on our balcony.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    i know what you mean! i couldn't find one here but found a turtle sandpit which we use in a similar way. (the shell is like a lid). we got it from toys club i think. online.
    the other thing we have that the kids love is a sand and water play table from bumps to babes. sand one side, water the other.

southside852 is offline Registered User
    B2B has a sandpit that would most likely fit on most HK balconies. It's in their "Summer Fun" ELC catalog.

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    Toys Club has a very cool one too I've just seen in the catalogue. Would definitely fit on a balcony.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    I am pretty sure B2B will have them. They have them in the ELC part of the shop. Take a look at ELC website as they may be able to order one in for you.

Love the clam shell :)

sherwes is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the responses ladies. I am just so desperate to keep my 18 month old occupied. He is up and ready to go out (shoes on, banging on the door) by 6.30am some mornings!! I will check out Toys Club and B2B tomorrow. I know that the larger stores are located at Ap Lei Chau but that is a bit of a drive for me. I don't suppose anyone knows whether the central Toys Club and B2B will have te full catalogues so I don't need to go all the way to Ap Lei Chau (I am happy to order based upon a picture).

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    you can find the turtle one i was referring to on the Toys Club website

http://www.itoysclub.com

that should save you 1 trip at least :o)