Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Low MCV

lulupablo is offline Registered User

Low MCV

Hi all, I did a search and couldnt come up with much.

I just had my first blood test with Tsan Yuk, they called me today and they mentioned I had low MCV and they asked my husband to also go in for a blood tests. I am concerned and trying to research this at the moment as to why my husband needs to go in? Thalassemia? Rh? [I am trying to research this as I write]

Any thoughts would be helpful so I dont get any more worried than I am at the moment.

[Note I havent seen a doctor yet as I have just done the first set of blood tests, which were all taken by nurses. I am at 11 weeks]

samali is offline Registered User

hi i also have low mcv means a thalasemia-beta carrier.So need to check with ur partner if he's carrier or not.means 1 ok 2 not ok.Don't worry it will all fine.

lulupablo is offline Registered User

thanks, if not ok and partner is a carrier then i think there is a 1 in 4 chance of Thalessemia Major [what Ive read]...

bubi is offline Registered User

hi there,
    I also have low mcv. Its a genetic thing my doctor says. I was so worried i thought its something bad but then after reading pregnancy books and talking to my mother in-law which is a doctor i calmed down. Thalassemia carrier like me are people that are from tropical countries she said. I had my husband tested for it and he was negative, so its fine. If both have thalassemia, my doctor says, its kinda dangerous for the developing of the baby. Hope you`ll be fine.. and congratulations!

Scroll to top