Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What else besides story and song?

geomum is offline Registered User

What else besides story and song?

Hi everyone,
    I wish to enroll my 15 month old daughter is more activities than she is currently doing. She has been going to playschool for about 6 months now and does enjoy it a lot. I take her to playtown twice a week and she has fun there too. But I feel I need to do more to keep her occupied. Please correct me if I am wrong but most summer programmes, sports and arts classes begin at 18 months or 2 years. Is there something else besides the story and song routine in playschools which I can enroll her in?

southside852 is offline Registered User

unfortunately the 12-24 age group is hard...my son is 17 months and we do the same thing as you - tutor time, kindermusik, music together. many places in Central though have programs for your daughter - Panda Junction, My Gym, Kids Gallery, Kindermusik etc...For us, going into Central is tough just for a 45 minute class.

Neha is offline Banned

u can also take her to Wise Kids playroom at cyperport

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

We go to Baby Buddies in Sheung Wan but they have some other branches as well. It is free play, stories and singing as well as some art and craft time. 2 hour class.

My daughter goes to Baby buddies and she does enjoy her class. I dont want to join another playgroup with the same kind of routine.

sherwes is offline Registered User

Hi Geomum,
    I know just how you feel. I am always looking for ways to keep my 19 month old son occupied.

It sounds like you are aware of most of the paid classes you could enrol your little one in. This being the case have you considered informal playgroups - i.e. finding a buddy who lives nearby for your daughter? My son has a buddy in the next block of apartments and they enjoy lots of play sessions together. It certainly gets my son out of the house and occupies him for a few hours.

My other suggestion is, if you have a balcony, you could buy a toddler pool. We recently purchased one and my 19 month old loves it. Last Sunday he spent about an hour in it just playing with a little watering can and various other pool toys we purchased.

Yes my daughter does regular playdates with her friends every week. I got her pet gold fishes too so that she could look at them and enjoy but she didnt seem interested, perhaps because she didn't get much interaction from them :)
    I have been thinking about the pool in the balcony too and I know she will love it. Sherwes where did you buy yours from?

sherwes is offline Registered User

I got the pool from Toys Club. It's called the Shady Baby Pool. I chose that particular pool because it has built in shade and also because it is enclosed on 3 sides (so minimises the opportunity for little hands to throw pool toys between the bars of the balcony).

I have tried to attach a link (hope it works): SHADY BABY POOL

Toys Club also have a turtle sandpit that might provide some fun on the balcony.

Good luck - it is so hard to keep them occupied at this age!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast