Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Gift basket/florist shop in HK

babymommy2 is offline Registered User

Gift basket/florist shop in HK

I am looking for a place that delivers to Hk hospitals, I can only find 2 places from google that are local and neither has exactly what I am looking for. They seem to mostly have "love" bouquets. Can anyone recommend a business? Also is there anything in particular that definatly SHOULD NOT be given, such as certain flowers or fruits or anything? My MIL is very superstitious and I don't really know the traditions, don't want to offend her with something that is bad luck, or only given at funerals! She would be so offended!

rani is offline Administrator
    I've used this site to send flowers to Singapore. They are now in HK

flower shop in hk|online flower shop|flower bouquet in hk|hand bouquet|floral shop|flower shop

Portia is offline Registered User
    I've used Juju Flowers j?j? FLOWERS - Fruit and also Anglo Chinese Florists ???????? Anglo Chinese Florist Ltd..

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I think that Chrysanthemums are "funeral only flowers" - funny because in some Western countries 'mums are specifically for mothers!!

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Are you still in Canada? If so, you will need a florist which is a member of interflora (it just guarantees quality for international orders). Generally most florists in HK will also deliver fruits, with or without flowers accompaniment and will deliver to all hospitals, if it's really far, they may charge delivery fee, but will deliver.

I use an excellent florist which has been around for decades and also does interflora deliveries, it's Jeannette's Florist in Central. Their phone no. is 25226300 and they will be able to tell you what's taboo to send, what's appropiate to have on the card etc and give you something special for whatever price range you have in mind.

babymommy2 is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the ideas!

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    My friend in Beijing used Carrina Patisserie - Welcome to send a box of goodies to her friend who gave birth here. Carrina delivered to Matilda and it was such a treat for the new mom -- mini-cakes and tarts that she could enjoy or serve to her visitors at the hospital. I thought that was a sweet and practical. :)