Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Where to go?

ukgirl is offline Registered User

Where to go?

I have just found out I am pregnant with my 2nd baby. Which hospital do you recommend on Kowloon side. I don't really want to go public as I had a bad experience after my first born 2 years ago.
    Does anyone recommend any doctor and have any prices roughly?

Thanks in advance

rani is offline Administrator

UKGirl Congratulations!!

Here's a list of Drs recommended by members and also their fees:
    Prenatal Charges and OB-GYN Fees

In Kowloon, have a look at St Teresa.

ukgirl is offline Registered User

Hi thanks Rani
    But if anyone out there can give me their personal experience and also the total fee when paying themselves - not insurance that would be great - either Baptist in Kowloon or the St. Teresa. Many thanks

mumsy is offline Registered User

I'm currently seeing Dr Eric Fung Shu-ming who delivers at Baptist, St. Teresa and Union hospital. His main clinic is in Jordan but we see him in the NT where he comes up every Sunday. He is very nice and never rushes us and in fact doesn't overbook patients (at least in NT) so I hardly have to wait at all. He charges $500 for check-up including ultrasound and folic acid/vitamins.

For my first child, I went with the Prestige Medical Centre and they have clinics in Tsim Sha Tsui and Shatin, and the doctors are affiliated with the three hospitals mentioned. Some doctors recommended to me are Dr. Alexander Yip and Dr Linnay Liauw. I used Dr Chan Fan by recommendation from my own GP but she only does C-section now.

The total fee for delivery will vary greatly depending on vaginal birth or C-section, class of room, pain relief, extra care of baby and any other complications.

I don't know much about St.Teresa, but the Baptist and Union have all their maternity packages listed on their website.

For my first birth I went to the Union, I only ended paying about $25-30K but I know others that have paid in excess of $80-100K.
    This time around, I expect to pay a minimum of $40-45K. At the Union Hospital they have a C-section insurance plan costing $2.5K for mothers with no existing medical conditions so I will most likely take this out to avoid paying potentially lots of $$$$$.

Bear in mind, that if you want your baby to room in with you then you will need to opt for a private room and more $$$$$, otherwise baby will be placed in the nursery and you will have to go down there to feed every 3/4 hours.

Last edited by mumsy; 06-13-2009 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo

Scroll to top