Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

HK Closes Kindergartens and Primary Schools H1N1

Buckeroo is offline Registered User
    All children's classes at the YWCA (ESMD) will be closed. No refunds or credits, but they will schedule make-up classes though.

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    I think its an over reaction.... Instead of being monitored in a classroom where you can check on where children have been to/from (flying out of HK eg.) Now we're going to have to take them to public places filled with children... insane...

Bumps Guest
    Although it may not appear to be a serious virus - the problem is if it mutates into a virus that is unable to be contained or becomes more serious - that is the problem and why authorities are taking these actions. Please don't send your little ones to playgroup during the suspension - it is not worth it!

carang is offline Registered User
    i,personally, have great empathy for whoever had to make the decision. they have the health and well-being of 7 million people to think about. that is an awesome responsibility and one that i would not want to have. it is easy for us to sit back and say how crazy we think they are, but i can guarantee that if ANY of our children went to school, caught something and died from it, we would be asking why the gov't wasn't there to protect us!!?!?

personally, i don't think that it is necessary to close schools now and for 2 weeks, but if it ends up saving one child from getting sick or worse, then i think it's worth it. it wouldn't matter to me how inconvenienced i was over it.

Bumps Guest
    Totally agree!

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    Carang - super star!

carang is offline Registered User
    awwww shucks! just my personal opinion is all... i know that there are many out there that don't agree with me...

Nashua852 is offline Registered User
    amen Cara!

My husband's a teacher but he's being made to go in to babysit all the kids that parents will most probably continue to drop in - hopefully there aren't many of them as it's unfair on the poor kids to have to go into school and do nothing for 2 weeks..on the flipside it means K and I can go visit daddy anytime as he's got no lessons and no planning to do since he's moving to another school at the end of his contract..assuming there are no kids being sent in during that time. Im pregnant with my second and the last thing I need is a further savaging to my immune system. I'm up for a meetup if anyone's keen!
    Proud Mama to Kian Danyaal 08.12.2007 & Adara Michelle 10.10.2009

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast