Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

HK Closes Kindergartens and Primary Schools H1N1

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    So you ladies all going to stay at home with your children for the next two weeks? Surely that would be the next step.

If schools are closed, what about our neighbours children? Best not to take the elevator either. In case someone in your building has it. In fact ANYONE in Hong Kong may have H1N1 too. So best to do online shopping. And not allow your helper her day off cause she may mingle with someone, right?

Yeah I'm being ridiculous. Sort of. If one is really concerned, one should quarantine our family, not lecture others.....

carang is offline Registered User
    for interesting reading try the same thread on geoexpat.... interesting the different viewpoints from the male, non-parents...

there was no lecture... a little personally you took that...

it is far different, meeting up with one or two children than the kids being cramped into classrooms butting up to each other with 20 kids in a room, wouldn't you say?

ps> i guess you missed where i said that i didn't necessarily agree with the decision, but that i think they are doing their best to keep as many people as healthy as possible...

somebodyfamous is offline Registered User
    oh just ignore me, I'm so annoyed by the cancellation. Our girls go to IMS and its not cheap and also they had really small classes (i think there were 10 children in total in their class including my two) Now I have to think of things for them to do every morning instead of going to school. ... In my case, they will probably mingle with far more children and adults than if they were attending IMS.... I'm also a work at home mom, with a really busy month so my post was more out of frustration than common sense hahahahahahaha

no worries... i find it frustrating myself... i now have time to spend with my kids as my work is stopped for 2 weeks and my son is at home, but i find that i don't have $ to do what i'd like to with him...

good luck! we're all going to need it!

Bumps Guest
    Did playgroup supervisors receive this correspondence from EDB?

http://www.edb.gov.hk/FileManager/EN...090611_eng.pdf

I am still puzzled why some playgroups are remaining open during this suspension period. I don't think it matters how small the class is, the time has been set aside, for social isolation (unfortunately) to reduce the risk of infection.

i didn't receive anything, but i'm not registered as a school.(if what you offer is "interest based course" you don't need to be)

geomum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by somebodyfamous View Post
    So you ladies all going to stay at home with your children for the next two weeks? Surely that would be the next step.

If schools are closed, what about our neighbours children? Best not to take the elevator either. In case someone in your building has it. In fact ANYONE in Hong Kong may have H1N1 too. So best to do online shopping. And not allow your helper her day off cause she may mingle with someone, right?

Yeah I'm being ridiculous. Sort of. If one is really concerned, one should quarantine our family, not lecture others.....
    Can't agree with you more but then are you doing everything as usual except sending your girls to school??
    Last edited by geomum; 06-12-2009 at 10:02 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast