Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

depressed during 1st trimester?

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I know this sounds lame, but really the first step to overcoming your depression is acknowledging it and where it's coming from. Hormones really suck, I know. Mix in the nausea and it's not fun at all. I didn't even realise how hormonal I was until I gave birth. I never realised how much I had been crying until I stopped!
    Just take it day by day, week by week and try to get on with things the best you can. Soon you will have other pregnancy issues and hopefully your nausea will be in the past. Right now just eat what you can, what you want, when you want. Remember the baby is just feeding off of you - it doesn't really matter what you're eating right now actually.
    (congratulations by the way~)

saun-mom is offline Registered User

My husband quickly learned how to identify when I was feeling "fragile". (which frankly lasted around a month, to be replaced with feeling Giant!)
    avoid sad books and traumatic TV shows, don't feel bad if you burst into tears at the drop of a hat (there was a TV commercial that would send me into convulsive sobs), and if you're really feeling terrible- like more than just a bit sad, tell your doctor and your partner.
    Congratulations- this too will pass!

1stimemum is offline Registered User

is it normal for something to work for morning sickness to not work anymore. lemons worked on friday but it seems to be getting less effective?

yes the battle with hormones is ongoing for me but all of you are right, saying it outloud is a huge relief in itself!

mumto2 is offline Registered User

yes quite normal, you have to try and arm yourself with several remedies because one day might work with one remedy and the next day not! Burning spearmint oils are meant to work (NOT essential oils on skin - this is dangerous whilst pregnant). There's acupressure wrist bands, acupuncture, saltine crackers, green apples, warm sweet tea, sour candies, vitamin B6, keeping yourself colder rather than warm, orange or lemon icy-poles, some people really like fatty foods like french fries...try everything and then rotate all the remedies that work.

yes saltines are a good standby for me.

for anyone out there who has used acupuncture, how long does the relief last? I've called a few places, Vitality and Troy Sing and frankly $900 per session is just too much to pay for me.

I've found one place, QCMC quality chinese medical in central thats about half the price. Has anyone tried them?

wanted to share my experience. i went to quality medical today, was so desperate, couldnt wait for any recommendations/refrerals.
    www.qcmchk.com and am so glad i did.

Its eased alot of my nausea and I do feel much better even though I wont say I'm back to my old self. Would definitely recommend it to anyone suffering out there, at least its one more option.

only catch is they only speak cantonese/ mandarin bring someone along.

Everyone here has been so forthcoming with their advice, thank u again!

mumsy is offline Registered User

Glad to hear the accupuncture helped you. A good day really lifts yours spirits so I hope it continues.

Possibly another option. Has anyone tried the MorningWell CD? I don't know if you can buy it in HK but you can probably order it online or if you have a relative in the UK to mail it to you. It claims to be effective in 90% of morning sickness cases.

Had I known about it 6 weeks ago, I would have definitely bought it. It costs equivalent to about HK$200-250 so not too expensive.

Last edited by mumsy; 06-16-2009 at 05:23 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12