Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Advice on new stroller

nino is offline Registered User

Advice on new stroller

Hi,
    I am trying to decide on a new stroller and am looking for:
    reversible handle (baby can face front or back)
    canopy that covers from the sun well
    foot rest that can adjust for legs to lie flat
    a seat that can lie fully flat
    small/narrow/light-weight

I've checked out a few options and am looking for advice from someone who has used a stroller with a reversible handle and back wheels that DO NOT rotate. I've tried the Combi Miracle Turn as well as the Aprica and like the way they handle, but I prefer the new Graco Citilite for looks and price. The Graco's back wheels, however, do not rotate, making handling while baby faces back difficult. Any advice? Or other suggestions to look into?
    Thanks!!

aussie mum is offline Registered User

we have the Graco Citilite and you are right it is a little difficult to handle with the handle reversed but because its so light its not that bad. we also have a bugaboo - much more expensive but better option for ease of handling when baby faces you. for the price i think the Citilite is amazing. so great for HK.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

I have a Capella that fits all those descriptions - but I don't use it any more because I wanted something lighter and easier to handle. As my daughter got older, rear facing was less important and easy to use was more important. I don't think that ANY of the both-way facing prams are "easy" to handle - some are just "less bad"... And for what it was, I thought the Capella was pretty good - it's about the same price as the Graco, I think, but MUCH easier to open/close/reverse the handles etc... The Capella that I have though is wider than the Graco. And a bit heavier, I think... You can see them at Eugene and at Wing-On, not sure where else...

mushi is offline Registered User

try the Comb Urban Walker......its a sturdier version of Combi miracle walk....i use this and find it extremely comfortavble on all yr points however the back wheels being fixed the reverse position is difficult to handle but then u r not going to use that position for long.....it goes up to 3 yrs and has a wider seat as against other models of combi.

southside852 is offline Registered User

we have the Maclaren Techno and I've been using it since birth since it's the only Maclaren that can be fullyg reclined. It's forward facing (like a traditional stroller) and so far, we've been really happen with it. I would say it's a bit on the heavy side but we still use it with my son who is now 17 months. I have heard great things about the Maclaren Quest - lightweight, easy to travel with and has a reclining back. We just purchased one for the States - we leave it there as our umbrella stroller and I will be trying it out this summer while we are home.

Perhaps worth checking out!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User

I have a Combi Well Comfort. It`s 4.2kg and narrow. It goes down 170 degrees so not completely flat but nearly. It doesn`t have back wheels that rotate - only the front ones. But I found that when I used it the reversible way it was a bit hard to control and harder to go over bumps. The regular way is totally fine and so I ended up just using it that way. It also opens and closes with one hand. Overall it`s really good for the city, but if I had a complaint it would be that the wheels are too small so it is really only great on flat ground, like inside. I was just in Canada with it where everyone has these massive Graco travel systems and everyone was pretty envious of my little but efficient combi:)

samali is offline Registered User

yes i like my combi urban stroller for my little girl;
    pros;
    Lightweight
    Can fully reclined
    full sun shade canopy
    Handle can be both sides
    cons;
    back wheels dont turn
    when baby is big then not so sturdy(big brother 3 yrs cant sit)
    cannot hang too many shopping/grocceries bags on handle as its lightweight

Sleuth is offline Registered User

When we bought our stroller, it was important to have one-hand folding capabilities, light-weight and ability to fit through the MTR turnstiles. We ended up with a Graco, but it is now over 2 years old, and I do not recall the specific name.
    And, even though it is light-weigt, we hang a ton of stuff on the handles. Just have to have a counter-weight in the stroller (either a kid or a package) otherwise it flips over.