Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Meet for coffee?

Finnsmom is offline Registered User

Meet for coffee?

Hi,

I'm new to Hong Kong having recently moved here from the states. My son is 19 months old and we are really enjoying exploring Hong Kong.

I am not homesick but am missing knowledge of fun things to go and do and see with my little one.

I would love to meet up for coffee or tea or just chat on the playground.

I'm not limited to moms of babies with the same age.

More about Finn--he loves playgrounds, bubbles, balloons, music, cheerios and water (standard toddler stuff).

More about us--we live in a furnished apartment in TST--which appears to be a lively and dynamic place without many young families.

I would be happy to travel to Central, Causeway Bay, Admiralty or anywhere really in shouting distance.

All the best!

Erin (Finn's mom)

Frenchy is offline Registered User
    Hi Erin !
    Welcome to HK ! I've sent you a pm.

charlieandfinn is offline Registered User
    Hi. I am a mum to a Finn as well - he is 14 months old. We have just arrived from Australia and whilst I can't help with where to go and what to do, I would be happy to meet up. Our playground trips are usually to Hong Kong park, Victoria Park or Botanic Gardens. But happy to venture further afield. Always happy for a coffee as well as playground time.

Sasha's Mom is offline Registered User

meet for coffee

Hi Erin,

I'm new here too and would love to have some company exploring Hong Kong also. My daughter (8months) seriously needs some friends too. ;)
    I'm near Kowloon Station btw so pretty close to TST.
    I just moved here from Tokyo but I'm from the States originally too. (grew up there)
    I'm also looking for a group of moms to hang with and plan activities with like going to Ocean Park, etc.

xx

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    Welcome to HK and sorry to hear you are a little homesick. It will get better.

You have found a great group of friends and support here on Geobaby. I met one of my best friends here!

For some face-to-face time you may also want to try some of the playrooms to meet like-minded mums:
    * Playtown Welcome to PlayTown! Shop 121, Podium Level 1, The Westwood, 8 Belcher's Street Tel: 2258 9558
    * Wise Kids Playroom (Cyberport and I think Causeway Bay) Welcome to Wise-Kids
    * Toy Library (Causeway Bay I think) - Bookings essential on 2921 0386 or in person. Can book one week in advance. You can also show up and hope for a 'standy-by' ticket but if travelling from TST I would book.

Or, you and Finn could join an organised playgroup such as Kindermusic. When DD's were Finn's age they enjoyed it.

Regards

maya'smum is offline Registered User
    Hi Erin,

We arrived from New York just three days ago. Once we get passed the jet-lag, we'd love to join you and Finn to explore the city. I lived here for five years when I was in my 20s but that was a different experience! I haven't figured out how to send a private message, but if you do, please send me one.

Regards

wwg2102 is offline Registered User
    Hi Finnsmom and everyone else
    I just moved to HK from NYC with my 2 kids (son 3.5 and daughter 2.5) and would love to meet new moms. I haven't heard from many people I guess cos it's the summer holidays and families may be away for their summer holidays.

stacy is offline Registered User
    Hi wwg2102,
    Welcome to HK. I have sent you a PM.
    Stacy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast