Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Menstrual Cycles

bloominginHK is offline Registered User

Menstrual Cycles

I would love to know how many Moms had irregular menses after having baby and how long their cycles were. I've always been a regular, 28 day cycle girl (even after 1st baby) but I'm on day 31 and still nothing. This would only be the second cycle since baby #2 (9 months) and am curious how long I should wait before considering a pregnancy test. I know I could probably take one an ease my mind but I'm cheap :rolling and would rather wait it out a bit.

Thanks!

carang is offline Registered User
    if you are already 3 days late, i would suggest a test, even just to put your mind at rest. they're only about $100... so it's not likely to break the bank.

megan2008 is offline Registered User
    I was a little late too after my menstral cycle started after pregnancy and purchased a pregancy test for very cheap at Mannings (around 50HKD)......it was negative (incase you were wondering ) Hope that helps.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    My experience was that even though I was breastfeeding exclusively, I got my period back when my son was about 2.5 months old. I guess this is normal for my mom's side of the family.

Anyway, I started charting my cycles at that point and I had really long cycles until my son was about 9-10 months old.

When I say long, I mean that prior to my son I had 30-35-day-long cycles. After I had 70+ day-long cycles! So, for me being 3-days late doesn't seem like anything at all.

I always kept pregnancy tests on hand just in case and probably went through too many of them because I would always jump the gun and test and then without fail the next day I would get my period. Nevertheless, you can always get a good price on them at Mannings--sometimes even as low as $60 HKD for two. Even the store brand is reliable--it is the one I used to confirm my pregnancy with my son (and I test only 3 weeks after I had conceived).

Everything changed once I started taking some high-quality raw vitamins by Garden of Life with cofactor Q10 in them. My cycles went from being 50-70 days-long to being back down to 28-33 days-long. A huge improvement--and it was almost an overnight change.

It shouldn't hurt to take a test.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    I've been wondering this too - my daughter is nearly 8 months old, I'm still breastfeeding, I got my first period 2 months ago and not again since! I've done 3 tests, all negative, but I'm a bit confused - do I keep taking one a week? Or do I just figure it'll come when it comes? I was always "regular-ish" before, 29-35 days. I've never been 2 months in between before!! I'm still taking my prenatal vitamins... I'm so confused!! I haven't taken a test for 2 weeks, so I guess it wouldn't hurt to take another one... *shrugs*

mumto2 is offline Registered User
    I got my period back after 6 months and the first 3 or 4 cycles were completely out of whack - I think this can happen so I wouldn't worry too much. Though if you're not wanting to get pregnant maybe using protection would help...lol...

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    thanka2 - i'd like to give these vitamins a try - where can i get them in HK?

bloominginHK is offline Registered User
    well I tested... and negative. so i guess i'll be a bit irregular for a change. :)

thanks for all the input!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast