Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

What time does your husband get home?

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User
    This is SO topical for us right now too.

Our daughter is 15months and seriously thinking of baby no.2. I am a 'lucky' stay at home mum (no helper) at the moment and its a good job as my husband is rarely home before 8.30pm and has started traveling for whole weeks at a time.

I struggle to think how I would cope with 2 children and a husband thats never around, even if its only to off-load to at the end of the day.

I could go on and on, its so nice to vent this somewhere, I feel guilty complaining to DH as I know he is at work, not having fun, economic crisis etc etc but still aaaaahhhhhhh

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    You're not being a brat but unfortunately in HK its unlikely he will ever be able to come home earlier as it's just not the way things are done here. Most people don't start til 9 and then work late. In Oz lots of people start at 7 and finish at 6. So much better in my opinion. Here you have to stay til the boss leaves and if you come in early it doesn't mean anything, you certainly can't leave early.

My husband comes home between 7 and 8 each night. It's awful when you have so little time with them but it's really not their fault. Unless of course your husband is off drinking then it's a whole different thing!

geomum is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by geomum View Post
    You are not being a brat. Does he spend the time after 6 at work or drinking with colleagues? And is he coming home late 5 days a week?
    My husband comes home around 7, most of the times our daughter is already asleep so he tries to come early if he can, to spend time with her. I think its a trend in HK for people to work till late and come home after drinks/ dinner.
    Needed to add here that my DH leaves for work around 6:30- 7:00 am. Many people in his office (All Expats) come to office around the same time and leave early around 6:00- 7:00pm so that they can spend time with their families.

Neha is offline Banned
    My Husband is home between 6-7 Every day so our son gets to see him in the evening as well. But he is traveling and missing Father's day and I am sure my son will ask me every 5 minutes where is dad. So it is going to be tough 10 days

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    I remember when my husband would get home late in the US - 7:30, I would be mad at him coz I was starving by then. . . since we've moved to HK, if he got home at 7:30, I would ask him why he's home so early! My husband typically comes home between 8:00-9:00. . . on bad days around 10:00.

I do wait for my husband to have dinner at home, and there are days that I am starving and not in the greatest of mood, but as long as he's working and not out carousing with his co-workers then I don't complain, because I know a lot of families are worse off than me. . . in fact a lot of local moms I speak with are envious that my husband doesn't go to work on the weekends, so on those days I count my blessings.

aliciaooi is offline Registered User
    Hi, well, I think from all of the thread, you know you aren't alone. My husband comes home really late or should I say early :), as sometimes he comes home at 5am! My husband is in advertising industry and there is no working schedule. When he needs to stay late, he needs to. Very often, I do feel like single parent, but I have no choice if I knew he comes home late because of work. If he went for drink and caused the late frequently, I would be very mad though or even divorced him :). Well, sometimes we just need to work things out or talk to our husbands if we felt to be in any uncomfortable situations.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    I'm a working mum- I try my hardest to get home by 7:30 to see my LO before he goes to sleep, but if I do, I work at home in the evenings. However, things often don't go according to plan, and then I'm home by 8:30 or 9pm at the earliest, by which time LO has long since gone to bed. It's agony being in the office, hoping and praying to be able to get home, and then getting that last minute call that screws up your entire evening plans. Maybe dads don't have the same agony, but I'm kinda envious of all of you who KNOW you will be there to put your baby to bed!

plumtree is offline Registered User
    A little note: I'm not saying anyone's right or wrong and if I was in your situation, I'd be cheesed off too. I suppose it's just that NOT working is not an option for me, and the grass is always greener....sigh

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast