Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ok ladies, advice please, school closures...

Bumps Guest
    I really do empathise. Could you do one on one classes?

dimsum mum is offline Registered User
    my kids love being at home as well, but as i said, since we are moving flats, they can't really be in the flat as we have contractors in, repairing the damage we have done over the past eight years!

personally, i do think it is reasonable to open. we're still taking our kids to church, class and birthday parties. however, the pp did have a good point, about your long term reputation if a child who did have swine flu passed it on to another at your group. i certainly wouldn't blame YOU. i was the one who signed up the child to group knowing the risks.

an idea: if you do send an email out to parents, let them know the increased precautions you are taking (taking temps as each student arrives each day) and remind them, if the child is sick, they cannot come to your class.

i am sorry you are in this predicament.

carang is offline Registered User
    i like the temp reading as they enter idea...i already ask them not to bring sick kids to class, but some parents jsut don't get it...

Bumps Guest
    Kids Gallery got some unwanted press today in SCMP... have had to suspend their classes.

Bumps Guest
    And, the temp idea is good in theory and most schools I have been to do this as well as disinfect hands before entering the school, but someone can still have the virus without the temp. Personally, think of your reputation - it takes a long time to build and a short time to destroy.

lynnark is offline Registered User
    Learning Centre isn't the only playgroup open. Baby Buddies centres are open too as they aren't affected by the education centres forced to close as a result of H1N1.

lynnark is offline Registered User
    Just send an email out with your precautions and I'd turn sick children away i.e. kids with a cough or runny nose on top of temperature checks. It's a personal choice if they (parents) want their child to attend or not. They are with a carer anyway so they each would take their own precautions e.g. washing hands before and after class, disinfecting hands. It's not like at a kinder where kids are on their own and being looked after by just one or two teachers.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    What about still charging students but allowing make up classes for up to 6 weeks when school returns - they use them or forfeit them and must book into a different lesson prior so that you can keep numbers under check? I know that it will mean more work (maybe hire a temp?) - just a thought and I am happy to "temp" if you need the help. I will only charge some yummy yum cha in return!

Or, charging half price to "keep the place"?

I also think going forward you should not be not charging in cases such as this or black rain etc. Have either one of the above policies in place.

I know that you are not in it for the money but you are helping to feed a family and run a small business. Kindy and the like keep all your money - so stop bucking the norm!

PS: Sorry if this has already been suggested. Am reading the other responses now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast