Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Travelling to a different time zone. How does it effect Babies?

YTV is offline Registered User
    Hong kong
    The web site said that we couldn't book 38hours before the flight. but we rang them today and manage took the bassinet. it was klm.
    The requirement is that your baby must be less than 10kg and less than 65cm. He's 9.2kg and 64.5cm so by the time we fly he might be over weight and too long. We're going to lie about his weight, lets hope they don't check.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Tsuen Wan
    9.2 kg and he`s only 4.5 months? WOW! Healthy littly guy!
    The bassinette on my flight was pretty small. But even if your baby is too big by then, at least you`ll have the good seats and the option of putting him somewhere even if it`s just for a bit.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Rather than take frozen milk I'd try to take fresh milk. Fresh breast milk will last for up to seven days in the fridge and even at 15 degree (C) it will last for 24 hours. If you have it in a cooler bag with the frozen blue packs it will be fine. And fresh milk is much easier to deal with then frozen milk.

Sore nipples are usually because of positioning problems. If you send me your email address I can send you some photos which might clarify the latching technique to avoid soreness.

On Wednesday morning LLL is having a meeting in Starbucks, Alexandra House, Central. You are very welcome to join us and we can discuss the latching face to face. All our meeting details are at LLL-HK Meetings

Best wishes,
    La Leche League Leader

Suv is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    KLM.... I have flown them before, such an uptight airline. Don't worry, they will not weigh your baby:)
    I traveled with a 3.5 month old (long haul) and then again when he was 5 months (short haul). I breastfed on the flight but took all my pumping gear along. The baby did not really have much jet lag. He is also on GF routine. What I had heard and would highly recommend doing is to make sure that your baby gets up at 7am local time and starts his routine feeds, no matter what time he slept at night. Then he can have one or 2 naps more because he may be very tired but try to keep him up during sunshine hours- not Denmark sunshine hours though!!...LOL My baby adjusted within a day or so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123