Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Online shopping website

YTV
    YTV is offline Registered User

Here's a few stores in HK you can check out.

Bumps to babes:
    Pedder Building Branch
    5th Floor Pedder Building
    12 Pedder Street
    Central
    Hong Kong
    tel: +852 2522 7112

Eugene Club Centre:
    Central Shop
    4/F, Lane Crawford House, 70 Queen's Road, Central, Hong Kong
    Telephone:26283777

BABY OUTLET
    Room AC-2, 4/F Administration Building
    HK Cultural Center, Tsimshatsui

Mothercare:
    Prince’s Building
    303, Prince’s Building, Central, HK.
    Tel: 2523 5704 10am-7:30pm
    also in
    Lee Gardens
    304-307, 3/F, Lee Gardens Two, Causeway Bay, HK.
    Tel: 2504 1088 11am-9pm

Little Monster is offline Registered User

Hi Welcome to Hong Kong,

If there is Park 'n' shop Plaza or Wellcome Plaza, you can basically get most of your stuff on your list. Park 'n' shop does have their online shopping site as well (not sure about Wellcome).

Coz you are new here, so you need some time to get used to the lifestyle here in Hong Kong. Here in Hong Kong, you don't need to drive to shop for your grocery, just go downstairs, and you can get your stuff right away. Given the time, you will love this city.

Happy exploring.

solidstars is offline Registered User

try this too if you like:

http://www.wingonet.com

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Wellcome does do online shopping but mainly grocery/food.

Klam is offline Registered User

When the kids were younger, I used ParknShop online all the time especially with all heavy stuff like milk powder, nappies etc. It was really easy to do and very convenient.
    The only thing is, you cannot but fresh meat.

PARKnSHOP.com

thanka2 is offline Registered User

Hi there Princeton Mom,

May I ask whereabouts are you living in the city? It will be easier to direct you to specific outlets that way.

As several ladies have suggested--if you prefer to shop online for groceries, I have found that Park n' Shop (website above) online is a nice way to buy things.

You can schedule your delivery time (but you may have to wait around for a few hours because the delivery times are blocked into 3-4 sections and the exact time can be variable) and if you buy $500 HKD or more the delivery is free.

One note, if you buy a lot at one time, as a courtesy, it's good to separate your orders into $500 sections. Park n' Shop contracts with individual drivers who use their vans to deliver groceries. The van drivers get paid per order.

So, if you buy $2000 HKD worth of groceries and put it all on one tab, they get a set fee (about $30 HKD) for that delivery. Whereas, if you split the tab into four sections of $500 each, they get paid $120 HKD for the delivery.

It is a huge favor to these small contractors and makes them even more helpful toward you. If you just make sure the delivery time, date and place are all the same on each order, there is never any mixup.

I know what you mean about the variety and selection being different here in HK. And yes, I certainly miss the one-stop shopping. But, over time, I've come to look at shopping as sort of a game here in HK--sometimes you really do need to seek out a place to buy things from. Sometimes it really feels like a hassle, though and I think most women here feel that way too. But, this is a really good resource (Geobaby) for finding information so don't be shy to ask.

About bicycles. Yes, I would say that depending on where you live in HK, a lot of children don't have their own bike. However, out where we live, even the poorest local children, living in the smallest flats at least have one communal bike to share between them.

There will be so many adjustments to make while living here and hopefully you'll find some friendly ladies here to guide you along the way--as I said, don't be shy. ;)

princetonmom is offline Registered User

Thank you all for your input! Also many thanks to this wonderful website and forum! I really appreciated. 1st few days here were hectic. It will get better.

The Fisher Price baby monitor we had for 4 years got burned down on the 1st night here because we forgot the power voltage difference. Any suggestions where to get one?

Thanks!!!

musicalmama is offline Registered User

Hi Princetonmom...first off welcome to HK. You must be from NJ like us.
    Anyway...for the baby monitor you can get one in Bumps to Babes, Toys r us, and Wing on department store. I bought one from the States but we have a transformer. For online shopping, like you I love shopping online like in the States, so I don't know if you want to try buying from Amazon or Walmart but the shipping can be expensive.
    Wishing you all the luck as you get settled here in HK. Let me know if you have more questions and perhaps I can help.

Michelle
    Welcome to Garthe Photo Arts, Hong Kong
    Baby, Children, Family photography

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast