Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newborn checkups

mnight is offline Registered User

Newborn checkups

How often should my 2 week old baby have a check up, I had read somewhere that it was once a week but the Dr has said he doesn't need to go back until he is 1 month old?

Also, any recommendations on how to check the baby is putting on weight if we are not seeing the doctor weekly?

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User
    I believe that I took by baby at 2 weeks, 1 month then 2 months and the next appointment is at 4 months. My husband bought a scale to weigh the baby ourselves from Wing On.

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    I had my baby in China and they have a 42 day check up, which I thought was too far away. I took my son for a one month check up. I would only go for a 2 week one if you are concerned about something, such as poor weight gain. I really wanted to know how much weight he was putting on too, but I kind of just gauged it by how his clothes were fitting and how much tiny fat he was gaining.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    I had a two week check up (as we returned from OS after the birth) and then only went to the Dr for immunisations. As she put on weight and was contented I didn't see the point.

canadianinhk is offline Registered User
    I was worried about the weight gain but had booked the Annerley package. The midwife came five times and weighed him at home and then I could go to their drop in clinic five times (once a week) for him to be weighed and to ask any questions. This worked well for me. I only saw the doctor at the beginning and now for immunizations.

mnight is offline Registered User
    The Annerley package sounds like a good idea, I'll look into it.

mumsy is offline Registered User
    If you don't have baby scales, you can improvise with adult scales. We have electronic scales and I would weigh myself first, and then weigh myself holding baby, and then take the difference. I would even do this on the day we had a doctor's check-up just to make sure the figures were pretty accurate on both sides.

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    If you don't have baby scales, you can improvise with adult scales. We have electronic scales and I would weigh myself first, and then weigh myself holding baby, and then take the difference. I would even do this on the day we had a doctor's check-up just to make sure the figures were pretty accurate on both sides.
    I thought I was the only one who did that! Quite clever, I think!! I always found it to be very accurate too. Maybe only 1-200g off, never more than that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast