Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Fun with Felt--Where to Buy Supplies?

MeowMeow is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi YTV, you're super!! thanks for all the information. I'm just a beginner at making handmade hair accessories (bows on clips) for girls using grosgrain ribbons. What do you sew??

chef is offline Registered User
    many stationary shops have small square pieces of felt in different colours ,@5$ a piece

YTV is offline Registered User
    Hong kong
    lol, I'm not a very good sewer, but did do some sewing cause in the UK. I can use the sewing machine, just not super in making clothes. Always wanted to make my own clothes. been looking for causes in HK for over 3 years. Every time I enroll in one they cancelled on me.
    I have one more place I'm going to enroll in this September, Tailoring, it's in Cantonese though and my Cantonese is not great but can get by.
    I was thinking of doing a craft club for ages but can't think of how to solve a few problems. may be you girls can help me figure it out.

If I start a sewing club,

1) how do I solve the problem of the hassle of bringing your own heavy sewing machine to a venue?
    2) if I provide locker space for your sewing machines which means that people don't have to lob the machine around for each get together, what if you want to do some sewing at home? Still means you have to take it back and forth.
    3) I could buy a bunch of sewing machine for the club but don't have the money to buy about 10 machine.
    4) I need to hire some one who can teach us how to sew at least for 1 or two classes so we can get some expert advise.

we could start off by doing hand sewing then see if anyone would like to do more.
    I have a friend who knows how to sew and make clothes and pattern cutting not sure if she wants to teach.
    I also know someone how can make clothes, bag etc but she cant speak English, I guess I could translate.

what do you guys think? worth doing?

YTV is offline Registered User
    Hong kong
    I'm thinking of starting a sewing club any one interested?
    just posted a new post regarding sewing/bead club, click on the link below.

Starting a Craft/sewing club!

libbyfab is offline Registered User

Place to buy all things Crafty

Hi Thanka & YTV,

New to the forum, saw your thread and caught my eye; I love crafts, and discovered this shop in KOWLOON BAY; it is in the megabox mall. There really isn't much going on in that shopping center, except that it has this HUGE store dedicated to homeware, crafts, bath and body. It's called SPOTLIGHT.

you can check it out, my guess is Spotlight

there you would find aisles and aisles of craft goods! it's like a WALMART. But, i think the store originated from Australia. HOpe this helps.

Koan is offline Registered User
    I've seen lots of felt in various bright colours at Jusco. It's cheap too!

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    honestly, there is nothing wrong with sham shui po. the boy you are refering to, i believe, was killed by his father... could have happened anywhere in hk. the man was crazy...had nothing to do with where they were.

i shop for beads, material, buttons etc all the time. i go quite often as my in laws live in gov't housing there. i've NEVER felt unsafe.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    The boy was killed by the neighbor who lived below the family while the father tried to protect him. Yes, he was crazy. Still, I feel uneasy about going there and I would not go there unless I knew exactly what street and place I was going to. I don't wish to wander around there. It's a personal uneasiness so I do hope that someone can post a specific address/place for me to go look. Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast