Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Beads and leather

Koan is offline Registered User

Beads and leather

Does anyone know where I can get some big chunky beads with large holes, and some leather straps to thread through?

I'm sure Megabox Spotlight has them but it's so far to travel with my son. Is there a crafty shop with these kids of supplies around Central somewhere?

TIA.

plumtree is offline Registered User
    Hi I'm not aware of anywhere in Central, but about a year back, I was in the HABA shop in Lee Gardens 2 in Causeway Bay, and found that they had a plastic box of beads with some threading string. The beads were wooden, different shapes, bright primary colours. I think you might be able to get the leather straps along the lanes in Central. I'd be interested to know whether there indeed IS a craft shop in Central!

marie313 is offline Registered User
    im sure they sell stuff like that in central. if you go to the lane below the one that sells all the fancy dress costumes you should find some stalls that sell buttons and ribbons and im pretty sure they have beads too.

chef is offline Registered User
    try pottinger street in central ,its always better to carry a sample if you have one to show

YTV
    YTV is offline Registered User
    Wing wo street next to The Center there's a market there which sells all sort of beads and stuff but there not very nice.
    The best place to go is Sham Shui Po where you'll fine loads of quality beads, gem stones crystals and leather strings, you can also buy clasp silver, gold chains and equipment to make jewellery with.
    As for mega box it's over price not very good collections and most of the beads are poorly made plastic.

I'm thinking of starting a sewing club any one interested? we can also do jewellery making (beading) I can teach the basic.

YTV
    I'm thinking of starting a sewing club any one interested?
    just posted a new post regarding sewing/bead club, click on the link below.

Starting a Craft/sewing club!

Koan is offline Registered User
    Thanks everyone!

YTV, where in Sham Shui Po? I'm not really familiar with that area, only the electronics markets where my husband likes to hang around!

YTV
    Buttons, Beads and Laces Streets

Laces street: Nam Cheong Street adjacent to Ki Lung Street is a good place to shop for webbings, zippers and ribbons. Most of the shops also operate as retail outlets and offer a great diversity of inexpensive merchandises.

Buttons street: Those who love sewing will love touring around Ki Lung Street which is characterized by shops selling clothing accessories. As many of the shops specialize in selling buttons, the street is also known as buttons street.

Beads street: Yu Chau Street next to Apliu Street is where you can hunt for garment accessories. You will be particularly fascinated by the bead shops, which offer a great variety of beads, such as wooden, plastic, crystal and glass beads.

just incase you might be interested in Jade:
    Tung Chau Street Jade Market
    Over a hundred jade distributors ply their trade in Apliu Street.
    Last edited by YTV; 06-25-2009 at 09:38 PM.