Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Starting a Craft/sewing club!

Laura2s is offline Registered User
    Hey Rani, Thanks for this! It will be great to share ideas, photos and tutorials. Laura

libbyfab is offline Registered User
    Dear YTV;

Thanks for the info! it sounds like its a pretty good deal! Perhaps i can join the Next round, as I'm having my bb in Sept! Keep me posted on how it goes! Cantonese wouldn't be a problem. Do you know if its good for those who hasn't sewed in a LONG time?!

Kat76 is offline Registered User
    I miss sewing so much! I didn't bring my machine to HK and really regret it. I used to work for a fashion company in London and I really miss the creative side. I've made a few little dresses for my 11 month old and would love to do some more stuff like this.
    Let me know it you guys are going to meet up to chat about it.

YTV
    YTV is offline Registered User
    Libbyfab and Kat76,

there's basic sewing course you can take there too. Just ring them up and ask what coursed they do, or just go in and check out there course details.

Kat76 you can buy a sewing machine Sham shui po or queens road West near queens terrace.

send me your e-mail address so I can work out what days would be the best to meet up.

monte is offline Registered User
    ooh, me too ... I've been looking for some group like this. I miss sewing, and am right now hand-sewing a summer-weight sleepsack for my son, but it's going slow and I just keep thinking "if only I had my machine ..." I 'm considering bringing mine back with me from home this summer .. we'll see. Anyway, I also knit and I buy fabric and fantasize about projects and would LOVE to talk with others about ideas, etc. So count me in! Anyone else here read the blog soulemama ? She has such great ideas for projects, and especially how to get kids involved. WHen I grow up, I want to be like her :)

loveask is offline Registered User
    yes! a sewing club!

do you have any recommendations on sewing machines and approximately how much they cost? i know you can buy them in spotlight. is that the best place?

cesh is offline Registered User
    I think there's also a Singer shop on Queens Road West in Sheung Wan. I like the Brother machine my husband gave me, but if I had the choice I would have bought Singer.

nino is offline Registered User
    Hi Everyone,
    I sew (I have a machine, Pfaff, that I bought here) clothing as well as quilts and am starting some projects for my daughter, now 8 months. I also love to buy fabric and dream about what to do with it - lately its been nothing as I have had little time to do much of anything.
    I've just joined the group that was started and am looking forward to hearing more about everyone!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast