Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

When can I stop living like a parasite?

Sleuth is offline Registered User
    Fo Tan
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    for starters:
    THE MOST IMPORTANT JOB YOU WILL EVER HAVE IN YOUR LIFE is raising your children. Not only is it important to you, but it is important to the rest of society as well!

PLEASE stop feeling like a parasite. Look at what you are doing for your children and realise that what you are doing is NOT worthless!!!
    Exactly right. Earning money is not the most important thing in the world, regardless of the number of people who think that it, and its friend "buying stuff", is the most important thing.
    The next generation is in your hands. You will make your child what he/she will become. It is a job and nothing can be more important.

Bumps Guest
    Hi Hunter,

I have been hospitalised for depression on a number of occasions and I am currently on anti-depressants after a long break from them. I'm not going to tell you how you should be feeling - because frankly, when people did it to me it made me feel worse and guilty. Plus I am not you, I don't react the same way as you, I do not know your daily life ......

Please call this number if you need urgent help:

2896 0000 - The Good Samaritans 24 Hour Multi Lingual Suicide Prevention Line.

Also, try to speak with your partner about how you are feeling, but if you feel you can not (honestly, sometimes I could not speak to my husband for numerous reasons).. speak to your GP - especially if you have any plans/thoughts/urges to hurt yourself or others.

Take care, eat well and try to be active.

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    very good advice, bumps!

mwong222 is offline Registered User
    my wife feels the same way but like others have pointed out, how can you be a parasite just by living off your husband? your married. this may seem old-fashioned but kind of your husband's job to take care of the family.

as an advice i give to people who have not found a job, it is because they are not looking hard enough. when people ask me what i would do if i lost my job, i tell them i would do anything to support my family. even if i have take a job below my degree (i am a well paid office manager with IT degree but i will sweep the floors at McDonalds if i have to (this is just an extreme example)). my pride is not going to stand in the way of taking care of my family.

you may not be able to find your dream job or ideal job right now but you might be able to find a job that is lower than your requirements or in a different field.

if you are not willing to do what it takes then i would follow bumps' advice and seek help before you do something you will regret. i used to be depressed (and really did stupid things) about not having a job but i was single then so i had a lot of pride in finding a job that matched my requirements. only becoming a parent has changed my mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12