Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

4 years old nose bleeding

princetonmom is offline Registered User

4 years old nose bleeding

My son had nose bleeding twice already in the 1st week we moved to HK. Lots of blood and each time lasted longer than 30 minutes. He didn't bump into anything. He has nuts allergy history. He is also more sensitive to the dust and pollution than others. Anyone had similar experience with the kids with nose bleeding? Please share. Also please advice if there is any good doctors for this type of problem.

Thanks a lot!
    Worried mom

Bumps Guest

It could have to do with going in and out from cold air conditioned environment to the heat outside. ... Their nostrils may be quite dry. Children who get nose bleeds usually have blood vessels close to the surface of their nostrils and are easy to burst if they are picking their nose, are knocked, or are rubbing their nose from allergies.
    Try putting some petroleum jelly on the inside of his nose to protect the lining. I would also get it checked out with a doctor.

My son has had itchy watery eyes and nose since we landed here a week ago. He sneezes a lot. Apparently he is allergic to something, but I can't quite tell what caused the allergy, dust, fuel emission, pollution? I think because of his allergy, he might have blew his nose too much too hard, which might have caused the nose bleeds. I want to take him to the doctors for an examine. Please advice if there are any good pediatricians near south Hong Kong island. Thanks!!!

Thanks, bumps. I have been giving him nose saline everyday. I turned on vaporizer in his air-conditioned bedroom last night, which I should probably have done a week ago. Also I start to keep one or two windows open in the air conditioned room to let some fresh air in. Still, I need to take him to see a doctor for a peace of mind. Appreciate any recommendations. Thanks again.

chef is offline Registered User

Hi Princetonmom
    My sons peadatrician is Dr Vincent Chan ,at 2607 Hang Lung Centre ,2 - 22 Patterson street .tel no 28948445
    Have been to him for my son who was lactose intolerant .Dr Chan was absolutely excellent ,he listens very very patiently ,not at all in a hurry to see other patients ,nor in a hurry to just prescribe medicines or antibiotics
    I would highly recommend him ,even my son who is terrified of Drs ,says he swears by Dr Chan
    My daughter used to suffer from nose bleeds very very often ,and the Dr said it is due to heat ,so the mucous lining gets too dry and some delicate veins just burst inside
    It si supposed to be very common in some children ,and the easiest remedy he had suggested and it worked always !!!
    Just put lots of ICE over the head ,tilt head backwards immediately and press the other nostril hard which is not bleeding .
    Hope it helps , as I also used to be terrified everytime it happened ,till I was told how to handle it
    Hope it helps ,Good Luck
    The waiting time for Dr Chan can be quite long ,just preparing you .I called first to fix up an appointment for my son .You are then on your First visit issued a sort of ID card for your son ,so next time u visit the history is there .Also would add he is extremelly reasonable ,had paid something like $200 including medicines .....this was a few years back

Thanks Chef. It's very helpful. Nose bleeding was really bad with clots coming out and everything. Scared me to death! I will denifitely make an appointment and have him checked.

Thanks again!

chef is offline Registered User

most welcome