Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

How to create a happy employer and helper relationship

Bumps Guest
    That is really sweet Carang - We have our helper's friend's over for BBQs in the backyard sometimes - like for Christmas Parties, New Years etc. It is seriously so much fun. I make sure that she does not 'work' by cleaning up etc on these nights - It is just a time to have fun and enjoy life.

HappyV is offline Registered User
    aussiegal - I think you need some perspective. All I am saying is that it is unreasonable to treat helpers in a heavy handed fashion, just because they are 'helpers'. Rules, fine - but edicts on when one may and may not talk on the phone/leave or enter the flat/ go out during their 'off' time is neither fair nor reasonable.
    I find it amusing that you automatically assume that just because my helper has the freedom to make her own choices, that they are automatically 'bad' ones.......(and if everyone who ever had a drink in Wanchai was 'bad' then most of HK has no morals.......).

I am glad that you have a good relationship with your helper. But extremism goes both ways on the spectrum.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123