- 07-03-2009, 08:06 AM #33
believe me...i wanted MORE DRUGS! and they did give me gas, but all it really did was give me something else to concentrate on.
even so, i do NOT blame the doctors. the anesthetist was WONDERFUL, spent most of it drying my eyes & stroking my hair!
as i said, there are SOOOOOO many things that can go wrong in a hospital, that would be multiplied exponentially (in my mind) that there is NO WAY i would EVER consider a home birth by myself.
- 07-03-2009, 11:08 PM #34Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2006
- Sai Kung
A friend of mine describes her c- section as feeling like someone was doing the dishes in her stomach. Not painful, just kind of weird and gross.
It always cracked me up!
Cara, I feel for you that your pregnancies were so horrible. But fortunately, stories like yours are the exception rather than the rule.
I think births should be a balance.
They are an extraordinary experience, one that we don't get to have more than a few times in our lives. For some maybe only once.
We live in a time where we can give birth to our babies safely, but if we have the opportunity, we can also make it a truly amazing and enjoyable experience.
I'm done with having babies, but I sometimes wish I could give birth just one more time.
But without the following sleepless months :-)
- 07-03-2009, 11:31 PM #35
i know that thankfully, not every one experiences what i had to go through.
but, like i said, i would kill to be able to do it again!
- By theo in forum EducationReplies: 2Last Post: 06-14-2008, 01:22 AM
- By Gabesmom in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 04-12-2008, 01:16 PM
- By orangebaby in forum EducationReplies: 0Last Post: 06-21-2007, 01:45 PM
- By Vix in forum Everything ElseReplies: 1Last Post: 03-21-2007, 07:13 AM
- By MarisaPisa in forum Family HealthReplies: 5Last Post: 08-29-2006, 04:19 PM