Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

how do you know if your child is "gifted"?

mumbloxy is offline Registered User
    Hi Cara, sorry have not replied as have not been online for few days, it might be tough for us this month as well, brother & family visiting from states & then we're off to uk to visit inlaws....

i had an interesting conversation with my son :
    (we just moved him into a big boy's bed with a guard rail & have been explaining he should get on & off in the "opening" (part w/o guard rail)). here's how it went :

son : mommy, what's that (pointing at rail)
    me : that's the guard rail, it keeps you from falling out of bed when you're sleeping
    son : no mommy, it's the ''closening''

could't say he was completely wrong & didn't have the heart to correct him :)

Ozekid, the right/left brain test you mentioned sounds interesting, can it be done at such a young age? will send you a pm.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    DB, Hong Kong
    Sorry, been busy with the move and not revisted this thread.

We had the test done with Yvonne Becher (in Hong Kong) who is a clinical psychologist. She comes into BD a few days a week so I am sure she has a practice on the island.

The test was the WPSSI-3 which is appropriate for younger kids. As I said earlier she did say that you can not accurately badge a child as gifted until about 5-6 years of age but she managed to pin down behavioral traits.I reread the report after posting here and it has reminded me of some things I need to do to keep her on track (so after 18 months the information is still very accurate)! She gave a three page report after the 'testing' which is basically a hour session where she chats to the kids and plays a bunch of games and puzzles.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234