Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Will we ever leave Hong Kong?

  1. #57
    howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    The reality is on forums like this no one EVER gets both sides of the story so we just go with the information we're presented.
    Heh! Dont let that stop you from making accusations and extrapolations based on your narrow interpretation of given facts.

    Men who are married to their work first and their wife second would definitely go to bat for the behavior described by the OP about her husband. That's what I was saying.
    *smile*
    see, yet another generalisation followed by an accusation and conclusion based on no facts at all.
    *smile*

  2. #58
    miran is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    hong kong
    Posts
    172
    HC: thanks. you so often put into words what i end up feeling after reading thanka2's posts :)

  3. #59
    thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by howardcoombs View Post
    Heh! Dont let that stop you from making accusations and extrapolations based on your narrow interpretation of given facts.
    Didn't stop you, so I figured it would work well for me as well. *SMILE*


    *smile*
    see, yet another generalisation followed by an accusation and conclusion based on no facts at all.
    *smile*
    Call it what you want. This is an opinion just as my posts are mostly opinions. Your point is moot.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

    ~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

    Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

  4. #60
    thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by miran View Post
    HC: thanks. you so often put into words what i end up feeling after reading thanka2's posts :)
    I contribute what I can. It's nice that in a forum one can let others do the talking for them if they wish.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

    ~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

    Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

  5. #61
    thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by miran View Post
    HC: thanks. you so often put into words what i end up feeling after reading thanka2's posts :)
    Oh, and I wanted to add that it is really good to know that I have such a faithful reader. It makes my "job" so much more rewarding. Thank you! *SMILE*
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

    ~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

    Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

  6. #62
    howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    Call it what you want. This is an opinion just as my posts are mostly opinions. Your point is moot.
    My point is that your opinions are baseless, accusatory and inflamatory. In this thread, you have opined:
    The husband of the OP doesnt care for the family.
    The OP should seperate from hubby for a while as it will be refreshing and a fun break.
    The husband of the OP cares more about work than his family.
    The huspand of the OP has his priorities wrong.
    There are paralells between some idiot who was addicted to games and the OP's husband.

    And the best of all : Because some men (that includes me) have decided to interpret the facts differently to your opinions, we must be cut from the same fabric as OPs husband; implying that I'm a dad who is a social climber, doesnt pay attention to wife&kids and have my priorities wrong.

    Let me tell you categorically that you dont know me, you know nothing about me and my family and you are flat out wrong in your opinions, interpretations and conclusions.
    Furthermore, you dont know the OP, the husband nor both sides of the story. For you to make conclusions and recommending a "refreshing and fun" separation is irresponsible.

    But, hey, you are entitled to your opinion whatever they may be worth. BTW: The movie Dead Pool has a nice quote about opinions, I suggest you look it up, its quite funny.

  7. #63
    banane76 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    478
    I don't think opinions are necessarily wrong. This forum is for people to freely express their opinions, ideas, etc. and get support. Free speech, right? We are all adults here and can choose what to do in the end...not take everyone's word here and do exactly what people say.

    We sleep with a moses basket too, but there are ways you can safely cosleep with your baby to feed easily. Ask LLL. Just don't drink or smoke in bed...or be a smoker, get drunk and cosleep.

  8. #64
    thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    HK
    Posts
    1,623
    Quote Originally Posted by howardcoombs View Post
    My point is that your opinions are baseless, accusatory and inflamatory. In this thread, you have opined:
    The husband of the OP doesnt care for the family.
    The OP should seperate from hubby for a while as it will be refreshing and a fun break.
    The husband of the OP cares more about work than his family.
    The huspand of the OP has his priorities wrong.
    There are paralells between some idiot who was addicted to games and the OP's husband.

    And the best of all : Because some men (that includes me) have decided to interpret the facts differently to your opinions, we must be cut from the same fabric as OPs husband; implying that I'm a dad who is a social climber, doesnt pay attention to wife&kids and have my priorities wrong.

    Let me tell you categorically that you dont know me, you know nothing about me and my family and you are flat out wrong in your opinions, interpretations and conclusions.
    Furthermore, you dont know the OP, the husband nor both sides of the story. For you to make conclusions and recommending a "refreshing and fun" separation is irresponsible.

    But, hey, you are entitled to your opinion whatever they may be worth. BTW: The movie Dead Pool has a nice quote about opinions, I suggest you look it up, its quite funny.
    Oh, dear, me. Someone is taking things a bit too seriously, I'd say. But, that's my opinion--as are all the above--just opinions. No, thanks, not interested in Dead Pool or any quotes from it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

    ~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

    Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 11:07 AM
  2. New in Hong Kong
    By richasrivas79 in forum Moving Forums
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2008, 01:04 PM
  3. I'm new to hong kong
    By snehalatha in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-15-2008, 10:59 PM
  4. New to Hong Kong do you know where I can buy...
    By lambiebeatty in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-07-2007, 10:47 PM
  5. New Mum in Hong Kong
    By sofia in forum Playgroups
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 01:21 AM

Tags for this Thread

Scroll to top