Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Will we ever leave Hong Kong?

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    Oh, dear, me. Someone is taking things a bit too seriously, I'd say.
    That will tend to happen when you start attacking people's integrity and character whether directly or by inference.
    Would you expect otherwise?

But, that's my opinion--as are all the above--just opinions.
    Now that I've nicely summarised your opinions, I'll leave it to others to judge for themselves the value of your opinions.

No, thanks, not interested in Dead Pool or any quotes from it. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Oh well, your loss then. It would have been a nice humor break for you.

HAND

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by howardcoombs View Post
    That will tend to happen when you start attacking people's integrity and character whether directly or by inference.
    Would you expect otherwise?

Now that I've nicely summarised your opinions, I'll leave it to others to judge for themselves the value of your opinions.

Oh well, your loss then. It would have been a nice humor break for you.

HAND
    Howard, please go back to the main Geo site where this type of angry banter is the norm. Here at Geobaby we're a bit more civilized.

As far as humor goes, I am laughing my face off here imagining the preposterous lengths you are taking my input to. Thanks for the chuckles and grins. :)
    “Many women have described their experiences of childbirth as being associated with a
    spiritual uplifting, the power of which they have never previously been aware …
    To such a woman childbirth is a monument of joy within her memory.
    She turns to it in thought to seek again an ecstasy which passed too soon.”

~ Grantly Dick-Read (Childbirth Without Fear)

Mother of Two
    JMW, boy, born November 29, 2007, 9:43 pm, USA
    MJW, girl, born March 17, 2011, 4:14 pm, HK

howardcoombs is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by thanka2 View Post
    Howard, please go back to the main Geo site where this type of angry banter is the norm. Here at Geobaby we're a bit more civilized.
    Thank you for your opinion and directive, but I think I'll decline.
    If you post your opinions, expect to have them scrutinized.
    If you turn around and attack someone's character, expect that person to growl back.
    As for civility, I afford politeness and courtesy to those who afford the same to me.
    Last edited by howardcoombs; 06-27-2011 at 01:15 PM.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by 2010-NewDad View Post
    However, it seems clear to me both parents need to share some of the responsibly for the alcohol issue.

Why wasn't the baby moved out of the bed prior to the husband coming home at in the early hours? Even if this wasn't done, why was he allowed to climb into bed and stay there? Either the husband needs to be moved or the mother and baby need to move. The baby's safety is the first, second and third priority. The husband was completely and shamelessly out of line and takes most of the blame here. However, placing the baby in harms way was not the smartest decision either.
    (1) I'm with NewDad on this. I did question why the baby was still in that bed with a drunk person as you cannot expect a drunk person to be conscious of his/her decisions.

I'm a mum who is "married to her work" and I do go out for a jolly night out with friends every so often. On days when I know I might be all out for fun, bub is NEVER in bed when I'm home. My bub co-sleeps with us. We love it and she obviously loves it. But it's easy enough to move bub out of harm's way on those nights out. I do the same when it's my husband as I know for a fact that he would not have the same functional rationality as usual.
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789