Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

which formula/ bottle brands are available?

mcdill is offline Registered User

I noticed that the Aptamil and Cow & Gate sold in the local supermarkets has different packaging to that sold in Bumps to Babes. Is there a big difference in the content?

I tried my baby on Aptamil bought from the local supermarket but her weight gain turned out to be very poor. I then switched to S26 and she was able to gain weight at a satisfactory rate again.

slamdunk is offline Registered User

The different packaging for Aptamil is because the HK one is made in Asia (Indonesia I think as opposed to China). It is a bit difficult to compare the content as the labeling was so different but they aren't the same but I'm sure they have to fall within the "Aptamil" brand nutrition requirements.

Also, HK Aptamil texture seems different (probably cos it's manuf. for the humid climate) and UK powder is more 'fluffy' (also explains the containers).

My daughter had mostly HK bought in her first year and my son is currently on UK bought only (just because we were able to stock up and asked friends after realising how much cheaper it was!). Plenty of weight gain (note to mcdill) so I think its down to the baby :)

Shivers is offline Registered User

Just a bit of an update so you know how we've got on:

We do use Aptamil in HK after a bit of experimentation, but you're so right Slamdunk, it is a very different texture to the UK version. But it still suits my son very well who has grown into a very healthy 9 month old on it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12