Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

which formula/ bottle brands are available?

Shivers is offline Registered User

which formula/ bottle brands are available?

Hello there,

If anyone could take two seconds of their time just to answer a few questions for me I'd be very grateful.

My family and I are moving to Hong Kong from the UK for a year with our 5 year old and a baby who will be 4 months when we leave in August. I am currently breastfeeding but i'm planning to combination feed for the duration of our stay in Hong Kong. We are moving to the city for my university placement for the year and my husband is on a sabbatical from work to look after the children, which may explain my choice to combine rather than EBF.

Which brands of formula would you recommend in Hong Kong? I know every baby is different and its worth experimenting until you find one that suits, but I'd thought I'd ask for a heads up as to what's available there.
    The brand we've so far used on occasions is Aptamil and this has so far suited well.

Secondly, I am still planning to express on occasions and we are using the Avent breast pump. Are Avent bottles and teats available or should I stock up before leaving the UK?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has all been asked before (it probably has) slightly going out of my mind trying to organise this relocation at the moment!

Shivers.

loveask is offline Registered User
    they sell aptamil here and yes, they have avent bottles and teats here but it might be cheaper in the UK.

Speculator is offline Registered User
    Amptamil is about HK$200 (16 pounds!) in HK for 900g. In Boots/Tesco etc, it's approx 7.98 gbp. Also, the packaging is different. In the UK, we have the convenient easy to open cardboard carton with built in leveller but in HK, they still come in metal tins!

I am from Ware in Herts and I bought over 6 months worth of C&G powdered milk for my 2 yr old daughter and 3 months worth of C&G for my 48 day old baby daughter.

My advice is to bring as much over from the UK as you can and if you need to buy Amptamil in HK, stick to independent pharmacies, they are much cheaper than Supermarkets and Watsons/Mannings Parmacy chain.

Lastly, definitely stock up on advent bottles in the UK, they are much more expensive here in HK.
    Last edited by Speculator; 07-05-2009 at 11:37 PM.

Shivers is offline Registered User
    Thanks for your replies,

Will definitely look to stock up before I come then, that's quite a price difference!

Sorry, correction to my previous post. Amptamil is HK$174.5 or14gbp in HK.

PARKnSHOP.com

Cow and gate is more expensive at HK$200 or 16gbp.

carang is offline Registered User
    hmmmm.... i've NEVER paid that much for cow & gate... usually it's about $150-160 or so...

but remember, if you are not sending over a container of stuff, bringing dozens of cans of formula will put you "overweight" in your luggage VERY quickly! it might be more expensive to do that.

pretty much everything can be bought in hk, it just costs more.

Cow and Gate "Royal 1" is HK$195 at Park n Shop today. Maybe you can get it for HK$150-160 at an independent Pharmacy.

I paid only 6.98gbp or HK$88 per 900g at Boots in the UK so quite a saving.

Remember, your 5yr old will have a 23kg luggage allowance and your 4 month baby will have 10kg allowance (providing you are not flying Cathy pacific) as well as the normal hand luggage allowance.

indaiDarin is offline Registered User
    Too bad,I have to asked my friends help to send over the formula milk from malaysia.we run out of stock for the infant milk.My son drank Dumex MAMEX gold step1,which was not sold here.Tried Enfamil and nestle brands but could'nt help.

Anyone knows where can i get international milk from new zealand?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast