Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Formula for baby with rash?

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Formula for baby with rash?

I currently feed my baby one meal of formula a day at the last feed at night. He is on NAN Ha 1. However, about a month ago, he got this red rash on his cheek that just wouldn't go away. It got so bad that I had to take him to the doctor this past week and get some medicated cream for him as the doctor said the rash was starting to get infected. It only took 3 days to clear up the rash with the medicated cream now and all is fine. However, I am wondering what (besides the heat which I know is a big contributing factor) could have caused the rash. Some people have suggested to me that it could be that he is allergic to the formula - but NAN ha 1 is already designed to minimize allergies. I know some mothers who had to change their baby's formula to soy milk or goat's milk formula because of allergic reactions. My ped doesn't think it's the formula as she says that NAN ha 1 is already designed to minimize allergies, but I'm not convinced. Anybody had this problem with their little one before? Thanks.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User

Dear FutureHKmom,

As you are only giving one formula feed a day have you considered changing to full breastfeeding? It would be very easy to increase your milk supply to manage this and only take a couple of days. You then would not need to worry about whether the rash was caused by the formula.

If you would like information about increasing your supply please contact me, here, on 2548-7636 (before Thursday) or at [email protected]

Best wishes,
    SARAH

La Leche League Leader
    www.lllhk.org

FutureHKmom is offline Registered User

Hi Sarah - Thanks for your reply. I tried calling you just now but you weren't home, so I sent you an email instead.