Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Toddlers and TV

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    my 3yr old is very much like his father and would watch TV all day every day if you let him. I therefore have to restrict it and he still watches far too much in my opinion. between 0 - 60mins in the morning before school depending on how the morning goes, 30mins before his nap and another 30-60mins before bed. it all adds up.
    whilever the TV is on he is 100% glued to it and getting his attention can be difficult. quite scary really. but as i said, EXACTLY like his father!!
    thankfully my 1yr old is not interested in TV at all .......except for In the Night Garden

fingerscrossed is offline Registered User
    Tin Hau
    My 17mth old has a passion for Elmo and Grover. Since they don't have Sesame Street on tele here, we bought some DVDs from overseas and recorded some when we were there. I've also bought him an Elmo t-shirt but that's as far as I'll go in terms of getting 'commercial' clothing.

Playschool is also a fave of his (I also watched it when I was growing up). As you can see, I spent my mornings recording the programmes on a recent trip back to Sydney. BTW, is In the Night Garden on pay TV or the free channels?

carang is offline Registered User
    Sai Kung
    my daughter loves playschool, too! i bought a bunch of dvd's when i was in oz last year.. they've been well-played.

cybabe is offline Registered User
    My daughter loves to watch TV every day she turn it on by herself hhahah she learn alot from disney channel which is a good things. Be honest we do not mind at all , she just love to have the noise at background ,sometimes she don't even watch it but only the hear the noise and music.

The night garden is on pay TV channel.

misizlee is offline Registered User
    Yuen Long, HK
    In the Night Garden is also on free TV.
    ATV World at 4:05pm on Saturdays.

thanka2 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    I don't mind Mickey mouse or cinderella... but i WILL NOT TOLERATE HELLO KITTY!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is absolutely NO HELLO KITTY in my house! LOL...i just think it's the ugliest thing ever~
    The timelessness of Hello Kitty really surprises me. My mom was telling me that nearly 30 years ago I had a Hello Kitty tea set and it was a spendy investment apparently. I don't like Hello Kitty either--I mean, I don't dislike it, but personally, we don't collect it.

marie313 is offline Registered User
    hong kong
    my daughter LOVES hello kitty, micky mouse, and the disney princesses. i hate all that stuff, so dont know where she learnt about it, but from a very young age she was drawn to these characters.
    As for tv, she is an addict. she will watch it as much as possible, and actually has a "hurray tv" dance that she does when i let her watch tv! I normally just let her watch 15 minutes here and there throughout the day when i have stuff to do, but must confess that at the weekends, when she wakes up at 6.30am, we put her in our bed, put a dvd (or 2) on, and go back to sleep!
    bad mummy!

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User
    DB, Hong Kong
    DD4 loves cats but for some reason does not consider "Hello Kitty" a cat so the couple of items I have purchased are not as appreciated as other cat items! Never watched any "hello kitty" TV.

In our haouse it is Dora, Diago, Land Before Time (I record ff Bloomberg Kids and take out all the adverts to other TV shows first), 101 Dalmatians and Lion King - this week anyway!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast