Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Making Up Formula on Plane

kmalia is offline Registered User
    I have never had any problem traveling with filled baby bottles. I just came back from a trip where I went HKG - Narita - Honolulu - San Francisco - Las Vegas - HKG and carried sterilized water in baby bottles (in plastic ziplock bags) the entire time, I had six on the last leg (SFO to HKG).

I asked for hot water in a venti starbucks cup (which I brought with me) to warm the bottle. Make sure you bring your own cup to put the hot water into as the first time I traveled they tried to put hot water in an air-sickness bag and it leaked all over - apparently they don't have containers on the plane that are large enough for the bottles to fit in.

good luck and safe travels!

tstmum is offline Registered User
    A tip I was given was to get baby used to drinking formula or milk at room temperature. It makes it SO much easier when you're out and about or travelling.

I've not had problems getting sterilized water in baby bottles through security before, but that's just been HK and Australia. Have heard other places are a nightmare, though.

KKKK is offline Registered User
    Don't try and take any liquid through Heathrow London - it will be confiscated. They allowed me to take EBM but it had to be in marked bottles each less than 100ml and i had to drink from each - I had some frozen (thinking it would keep fresh better on the plane) but I was not allowed to take that without defrosting and drinking it - making it completely useless for a 13 hour flight. They do not allow un-opened cartons of ready made formula either.

With baby food - i was told i could not take my own food in jars I had to hand it in and was then made to buy it on the 'other side' - this was a real problem as my baby was only about 6 months and had only been introduced to e.g apple, pear, carrot, sweet potatoe - the jars they had for sale were e.g chicken and vegetable pasta or vanilla and peach custard - this made me very nervous as I obviously didn't want to allergy test my baby for 6 different food types in 1 meal up in the air in a plane !!

KKKK is offline Registered User
    Also.. Hong Kong Airport

I have never had problem in HK before but when I flew this weekend I was not allowed to take the Ella's Kitchen Organic sachets of pureed fruit. They were all taken of me. I have flown from HK with them before. My friend also had some but she got through with hers it was only me who was stopped with mine.

Just warning you as they may be tightening the rules in HK as well.

rani is offline Administrator
    We've found HK airport stricter compared to Singapore and Thailand. If you drink from the bottle most will let you go through, except HK.

aussie mum is offline Registered User
    it really depends on who you get so I prefer being prepared for the worst. I have had the toughest times in Heathrow and Sydney.

RSK
    RSK is offline Registered User
    last time we flew with our baby, i took warm boiled water in a thermos, the security staff at the air port were very polite and i showed them the thermos beforehand. I offered to drink a sip to confirm it is just water, but they said its not reqd, rather the security check guys played with our daughter during our checking time. So dont bother much about this.

mushi is offline Registered User
    hi, although u do get water for the baby on the plane.....i suggest u carry atleast one bottle of hot water with u in yr bag.....this is in case yr flight gets delayed and the feed time happens at the airport itself u need not run around looking for water.....make the water extra hot and carry in a thermos bag so that by the time u ahve to feed yr baby it is atleast warm........i have carried 2 bottles that way and they allow baby bottles if u just show it to them at security....they will take them and put them ina [lastic bag separately and give u once u pass the x-ray m.c,....all the best!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast