Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Making Up Formula on Plane

Dink is offline Registered User

Making Up Formula on Plane

Hello - anyone travelled with a baby recently can tell me about taking water onto plane for making up baby's bottles? How do you do it? Do I put the water in the bottles at home and take like that (but what do I carry them in, my thermos bag is not big enough for all the bottles)? Doesn't the water spill everywhere if you do this? Can I use mineral water that I buy after security? Will the airline staff just make them up using their boiled water?

Sorry if this is an idiotic question!

louisouis is offline Registered User
    Hi Dink,

You can ask the the stewardess for boiled water, you can request for cooled water, warm or hot water, they will understand and mix it or you can ask for hot and cold water and mix it to get your desired temperature. The airplane staff are usually very accomodating. Just bring enough sterilised bottles with you. Good Luck!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    They have loads of bottled water on the plane. I know they also have outlets on the planes in various locations. Maybe you can bring a bottle warmer. One more thing to bring!

carang is offline Registered User
    you cannot fill the bottles before you go through the inspection.

slamdunk is offline Registered User
    just flew long haul with a couple of feeds and stewards are very accommodating as louisouis. i used the bottled water they gave out (don't usually used mineral water of course but for 2 feeds as a one off for convenience, I think is fine) and asked them to top up with boiled water. the bottled water was chilled so i had to adjust my cold to hot ratio a bit! i also saw another bottle being warmed by staff in a teapot in the kitchen galley.

carang is offline Registered User
    it also depends on the age of your child...my 2 year old is VERY fond of her milk. most of the airports we've been through have been ok. but one airport (calgary) wouldn't even let us through with their disney-themed juice bottles (eventhough my kids were avidly drinking from them). i was told it was because they were older than 2 years.

no problems though in:
    hong kong, shanghai, vancouver, regina...

Matty is offline Registered User
    As long as you are travelling with a baby, baby food and liquids are exempt from the security restrictions, so you can fill your bottles with water and take them on board.
    I've never bothered to warm them, my 2 were always happy with room temp.

What kind of bottles do you use? I've always used Avent, and they don't leak.

lylee is offline Registered User
    just flew with my baby last week. i brought along the baby wildalp water to mix the formula & then asked the cabin attendants for hot water to warm up the milk in a flask. no problems with security at the hong kong airport. remember to bring more than enough sterilized bottles & milk powder just in case.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast