Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Emma Tse Ballet So Bad

wonderful is offline Registered User

Emma Tse Ballet So Bad

Just want to share with you. My daughter was 3 when she joined Emma Tse in Central so we joined it for 2 months.
    After the trial class and I said we would join, we were forced to buy the whole set of ballet clothes and even the schoolbag!! School bag was for like $100!! We said we don't need the Emma Tse school bag but the lady there said we have to if not the kid will be very sad. Even the hair band which is like a cheap little piece of ribbon costed $20! At the end we paid $960 just to get the whole set, not including the classes.

What makes me the most angry is this. Usually I drive and drop her off with the maid and then pick them up downstairs because it's expensive to park. After about 1 month, I went to pick up my daughter at the end of the class and asked the teacher how she did? she said who is your daughter and I told her the name, for example Lily. And the teacher called Ms. Lai said, who is that?? And I was very angry that she joined for one month and she didn't even know who she was!! Later the next month, my daughter told me that the teacher would not talk to her and has never talked to her. I filmed the class thru the window one day and found that was the real case! She only focused on 2-3 kids that she really liked that's all. These teachers should never be teachers for little kids if they have no heart.

carang is offline Registered User
    i understand your complaints about the teachers... but when it comes to the things you "had" to buy. that was your choice. you could have said no and gone elsewhere.

sorry you are not happy with the place. i've never heard of it before, but i will steer clear of it.

thanks

geomum is offline Registered User
    Wonderful, you have my full support on this, I despise schools trying make money on sale of things like shoes, t- shirts, bags etc etc. Schools should provide these at a subsidised rate (Since they order in bulk) than the market price but in HK its just the opposite. And I do understand why you bought it, because they pressurize you so much and you don't want you child to stand out not wearing what everyone else is and you don't want to argue or come across as cheap. They know very well how to play on a parents emotion of wanting the best for their child. Next time someone tries to do this to you just refuse firmly.
    Regarding the second thing I think you should talk to the director of the school about this. I think it dampens a child's spirit to be ignored in class and seeing others getting constant attention. You paid like everyone else and your daughter deserves proper attention from the teacher and to learn ballet. Any kind of discimination against a child (Especially by a teacher) is just WRONG!!!
    Last edited by geomum; 07-07-2009 at 08:59 AM.

reei is offline Registered User
    wonderful, thanks for sharing the info. i'll never bring my kid to that school. i hope you find a good teacher for your little one now.

HappyV is offline Registered User
    I understand that you are disapppointed with the class, and I am sad for your daughter and disgusted by the teacher.
    However, you need to be very careful about videotaping other people's children - especially if hte taping was at all clandestine. Just a warning - many schools now have a "No photos/video" without permission policy, due to privacy concerns.
    Good luck with finding a new ballet school - where they will leanr her name! :)

emmatserocks is offline Banned
    I am a student there and I have never ever ever been through this. Lady! Wake up! Its been only 1 month you cant expect the teacher to know everyone. And by the way. Ms. Lai is the best teacher ever period. You have no idea who you are dealing with. Your daughter may not be as good as the "favorites" of the class. And you can't look through the windows they are always closed. You are exaggerating and a liar. And big liar. So stop insulting my ballet school I have been there for 7 years now. Give the teacher time to get to know your daughter you are being unreasonable. And I bought everything the pack, it only cost me 200 dollars not 980 woman! Rethink your math or go back to school. I am very very mad about this. So just stop ruining their reputation and stop being a @#$!!! seriously.. God. Its painful having to read about my own school like this. I am very happy with this school. So stop ruining my day and start thinking about your future. period. Seriously stop being a %&***
    Last edited by rani; 04-23-2011 at 07:27 PM.

anotherone is offline Registered User
    How delightful to have someone from the school to sign-up on here just to shout her mouth off - I have never seen so much swearing and open insults on Geo before. Regardless of whether "emmatserocks" is a student or a staff of the school, I think her post would helpfully make up the mind for many parents out there who are considering whether to join this school or not.

Quote Originally Posted by emmatserocks View Post
    I am a student there and I have never ever ever been through this. Lady! Wake up! Its been only 1 month you cant expect the teacher to know everyone. And by the way. Ms. Lai is the best teacher ever period. You have no idea who you are dealing with. Your daughter may not be as good as the "favorites" of the class. And you can't look through the windows they are always closed. You are exaggerating and a liar. And big liar. So stop insulting my ballet school I have been there for 7 years now. Give the teacher time to get to know your daughter you are being unreasonable. And I bought everything the pack, it only cost me 200 dollars not 980 woman! Rethink your math or go back to school. I am very very mad about this. So just stop ruining their reputation and stop being a BITCH!!! seriously.. God. Its painful having to read about my own school like this. I am very happy with this school. So stop ruining my day and start thinking about your future. period. Seriously stop being a bitch. bitch.

TheQuasimother is offline Registered User
    I'm with you on this anotherone.

Such a delightful student from that school. 7 years at that school. Let's see, if you start ballet at 7, that would make her 14? At 14, she writes and speaks like a disgruntled grown-up? Or even if she started at 14, that would make her 21... absolutely delightful lady.

Definitely NOT going to be even looking into such a school when it's time for my daughter to start her ballet classes. Don't want her to be speaking like a really jaded disgruntled adult at such a time in her life.
    thanka2 likes this.
    “If you want to get to the castle, you’ve got to swim the moat.” Richard Jenkins in Eat Pray Love

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 07-27-2010, 08:55 PM