Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Who is your medical insurer and why?

lesliefu is offline Registered User

I've been with IHI for many years now...and have found them to be reasonable....reimbursements come within 2 months, and i have never had anything disputed. I was most happy (and surprised) when I had complications with my maternity and it meant the overall cost of the delivery was more than the expected cost. Without any questions asked IHI helped me foot the entire bill (not just the amount covered by my insurance plan). They wrote to me about a month after the delivery and told me that "due to the nature of the circumstances of my delivery they felt that they would pay for the bill first even though the amount was over the amount covered by my plan. They then asked me to reimburse them the extra money they had paid to help me cover the cost of the bill. I thought this was really thoughtful for them to do this...very understanding...in fact a nice surprise.

0ze_Kid is offline Registered User

Lesliefu - funny how sometimes things happen that can surprise!

Shenzhennifer is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by carang View Post
    from what i gathered watching "SICKO"... many insurance companies employ people whose sole job it is to find reasons why they SHOULDN'T pay you...

don't know if that holds true here or not, though... don't even know how true it is int he states, but i wouldn't doubt it.
    Oh yeah, that`s gotta be true.

Nicolejoy - where is your doctor? What a great option for you. I want one too!

nicolejoy is offline Registered User

Her name's Jennifer Yu - but she's in North Point. Really far for you!!

Phone - 28873136

Nic
    Nic is offline Registered User

I agree with Cara- we use the public system (including birth and all subsequent check ups) and have never had a problem and often feel I have received more time and attention from the public system and I know in an emergency I wold definitely be heading to the nearest public hospital.
    I only go private (and pay) when DD needs vaccines not given in public system but DD needs in case we move home.

I would normally agree with cara and Nic but with a pre-existing condition it is actually better for me to have insurance. And, after the year I have had with home insurance (three claims worth $18K plus the car bender fender which would have been a further $30K), I think it is worth it.

carang is offline Registered User

will you never let me forget our kids almost burning down your house??? LOL!

Thank god we were there at the time! Good luck with the insurace!

Are you kidding C! It is just far too much fun :) And the joy of thinking about what they will get up to next time they see each other! Gotta get me insurance for that.

But that was just the third incident in as many months. It was getting pretty silly for a while but stopped after the bed incident.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast