Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Hot Summer - what to do to entertain 17 month old??

starbucks2 is offline Registered User

Hot Summer - what to do to entertain 17 month old??

Hi

Need some advice and suggestions on what to do to entertain my 17 month old boy when it is so hot outside at the moment! He is at a playgroup once a week, we take him swimming in our pool at the apartment, Playtown, indoor games at home but what else can we try? We were taking him to the park/playground but its too hot for me and him now (I am pregnant). Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

SB2

plumtree is offline Registered User

Hi SB, here's my 2 cents worth!

Someone posted a really good post on what to do with babies while schools are suspended, full of indoor activities to do with household items.

Also, some coffee places have play areas. I can think of Tree in Horizon Plaza and Babycakes, also in Horizon Plaza...are there any others?]

Of course, there's the usual walking around shopping centres, but I for one find that really tiring...

on hot days, a bucket of water on the balcony + some little plastic cups and other kitchen utensils provide quite a bit of (messy) entertainment! Of course, best to do this on a balcony (if you have one) or outside somewhere.

Interested to hear what ideas others come up with!

Thanks plumtree. I did have a look at the thread on what to do while school is out but a lot of it was a bit old for my boy.

I agree re shopping malls. I hate them particularly now that all I can think about buying in the next few months is maternity clothes!

Like the idea of the bucket of water and cups etc. He loves water and we have a balcony.

Good to have things that my helper can do with him too as I work 3 days a week.

SB2

Bumps Guest

I posted a huge post on things to do during suspension period.....

If you want my summer ideas pls. PM me.

Thanks Bumps - have PM'ed you. Would love to see your list if it is still suitable for littlies rather than school aged.

PS anyone know of a shaded playground near midlevels? I heard that there was shaded areas in parts of the zoo but elsewhere?

geomum is offline Registered User

My daughter absolutely loves to watch videos of us, keeps her busy for a while :)

Bumps Guest

To all the lovely Mum's who have PMd me - I will send the details re: summer fun tomorrow!

Hi bumps

Looking forward to seeing your summer fun activities when you get a chance.

Thanks
    SB2