Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

18mth old WAKES AT 5AM!!!

Cici is offline Registered User

18mth old WAKES AT 5AM!!!

I'm at my wits end- my little girl use to sleep from 6.30pm to 6.30am but for the last 2 months she's been awake at 5AM and screams the house down to get out of her room. I've tried everything from wake to sleep method (knackered after 1week of nothing), to putting her down later at 7 or 7.30pm which actually makes it worse cos she wakes up at 4.30AM. Her naps in the afternoon are around 2 hours, so tried to see if cutting down her naptimes would make her sleep longer in the night- but opposite effect yet again-4AM wake up calls. My husband thinks it might be teething, but food wise shes fine- guzzles the 7oz of milk in the morning, but not particularly hungry for breakfast until 7am- her nappy is pretty full in the morning, but bcos we're so sleep deprived I only manage to change her nappy at 10pm (the whole house is asleep by 9.30pm.)
    Sorry this is so long winded, just hoping someone out there can give me any ideas- or is this just a phase we have to go through (I really hope so!)

mel_g20 is offline Registered User
    Im afriad I dont have an answer for you, except my daughter was the same at that age, she would always wake at 5am no matter what. My husband and I just ended up taking it in turns to be the early riser. Slowly she has improved a year later waking up at 6-6.30am. And now we have cut her nap out completely she will slepp until after 7am. Great, except my 4 year old now gets up at 6am, no matter what.

I hope you find an answer, but it could be something you have to live with. We have just accepted the early mornings, and as a result I am in bed early at night. Good luck

dolphinyp is offline Registered User
    I think there's not much to do by changing schedule, they're going through stages from time to time, so make sure she has a nice nap (not too long or too late). I don't think it might help to cut down the nap time which she may get cranky.And if its possible , you may also take a rest when she's sleeping, that's what i'm doing now so i can have some energy throughout the day.

wanfamily is offline Registered User
    There's a thread somewhere on early risers. (Support for us mums who have them!) Only thing I can offer is sympathy and that you're not the only one. Both mine have been early risers (between 5 - 6. If I get a 6:30 I think I'm in heaven). Changing schedule has never helped -makes it worse if anything - just cranky early risers instead of happy oness!
    ON the bright side, in the summer months, you can get a good few hours in at the park before it gets too hot!

sea princess is offline Registered User

early risers

Sounds familiar! My daughter has always been an early riser. We tried everything like the other mum's have already mentioned (putting her to bed later, more physical exertion during the day, black out curtains etc. etc. etc.) BUT she is ready to start the day between 5-6am. When she turned three she asked for a clock from Santa Claus and we showed her where 6am was and that helped her to atleast stay in bed until 6am.
    I think some kids are just early risers, poor us! Good luck.

wasabibunny is offline Registered User
    might she be hungry?

@dorable is offline Registered User
    Ahhh so I'm not alone... My 18month old is the same... The 6:30ams I can handle but the 5am wide eyed and raring to go make me feel like a zombie! There's rarely a day I'm not knackered by 6:30pm!

fennho is offline Registered User
    Could it be her diapers being full? Have u tried changing the diaper that u used to one that can hold more or stay drier?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast